“Okay”

Dining options: Takeout
Hartwell, Georgia
“Okay”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

People wait in line to get in and I can't figure out why. The prices are fair, but their fried fish is little better than fast food fried food. Their barbecued ribs are the best menu item. It is a lake/redneck sort of place.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Char C

Seneca, SC
“Kind of flavorless..”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I've had much better. And I go to those places.. no reason to travel here. What more can I say??????

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Barry_in_Seneca
Lavonia, Georgia
“It seems so long from Sunday till Friday!!”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

First, let me say that we have been eating at Gumlog Barbeque and Fish Lodge for 30+ years. The only thing I would change is to have it open more days - it seems sooo long from Sunday to the next Friday! Our family members all have their own favorites on the varied menu and we have always been exceptionally pleased with our meals. My personal favorites are the BBQ chicken (moist!) and the BBQ ribs (tender, with plenty of sweet BBQ sauce baked on). My husband likes to get fish fillets, large chicken strip salad, boiled shrimp, or chopped steak plates. Our kids love the pulled pork BBQ and Brunswick stew. The hushpuppies are awesome - sweet and crispy.

The restaurant is off the beaten path near Lake Hartwell, not far from the entrance to Tugalo State Park. It may be a little out of your way, but it will be a side trip well worth taking. Just be sure you are coming on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday!

Visited November 2012
GA
“Consistently Awesome!!!!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

I have been going to this restaurant for as long as I can remember. I have moved away, and wish I could take it with me. The food is consistent, the service is good, and the prices are reasonable. The Ribeye's are cooked to perfection. The catfish plate is delicious. The hush puppies are a little taste of heaven. The slaw is good, the burgers are good, the shrimp is good. The BBQ sandwiches have their own style and are good. The Brunswick stew is awesome as well. I have never had a bad meal there and I have been hundreds of times over the course of many years. They offer plenty of sweet tea, which is also good and they have crushed ice. Their chicken plates are wonderful too. I will be driving a couple of hours in the near future to eat there again. It use to be an every weekend event!!!! I may have to bring a cooler and freeze some stew! This is my favorite restaurant of all times. It isn't fancy, it is just rustic and reliable.

1 Thank southpawcity7
“BEST BBQ!!!!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

If you want incredible BBQ, southern hospitality, and GREAT value, go to Gumlog. Have been twice but my girlfriend has been going for years with her family from Hartwell. Both experiences were awesome but most recently I had the BEST ribs of my life. So meaty! Also enjoy the brunswick stew and coleslaw. Everything is sooo good and sooo cheap. I wanted to pay 3 times what they charged. Please go you won't be disappointed. Also extremely friendly staff.

Been to Gumlog Barbecue & Fish Lodge? Share your experiences!