“Excellent food”

J. Peters Grill & Bar
Ranked #2 of 33 Restaurants in Lavonia
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Anderson, South Carolina
“Excellent food”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We went here as a group, so had a room to ourselves. The food was excellent, although a bit more pricey than we are used to. The only other place that has a house salad equal to this one is Copper River. This salad cannot be beat! Service was good also. The only reason I did not rate this highest, was the noise of the music.

Visited March 2014

North Carolina
“food good...service lacking!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My family and I stopped there on our way to Hartwell. Granted it was a Friday night around 7:30 so it was packed. We got seated around 8:15. Our waitress took our order and from then on we rarely saw her. She didn't bring our food, nor did she check to see if we got what we ordered. We had to flag someone down just for beverage refills. Needless to day, the tip she received from our reflected the poor service. The food was good but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat there again.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank LEGrayNorthCarolina
Georgia
“NOISY!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

This was our first visit to any of the J. Peters restaurants. Friends said the the food was good at the Anderson downtown location but we decided to try the one in Lavonia since it was close. We were disappointed. The salad was great but the shrimp skewers were cold and food just average. This restaurant is extremely noisy probably due to poor acoustics. It does have outdoor seating which I'm sure would make for a better dining experience, weather permitting.

• Visited March 2014
Iowa
“From two visits”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Ate here two nights in a row, with mixed results. First night I had the cheese queso/chips appetizer, it was huge, but not really very tasty. Cheese was bland and certainly not mexican style. The only flavor came from the jalapenos. Main course was the Caesar salad with shrimp. The shrimp were great and plentiful. But the Caesar salad was dry with very little dressing. But the Yengling beer was cold and tasty. Second night I skipped the appetizer and just ordered the shrimp/fries combo. The house salad was great, lots of flavor with a super croissant. But the server messed up and brought the main course just a few minutes after I started the salad, a real no no. But the fried shrimp were again plentiful and tasty so I just skipped the fries and was very full. Lots of people, very good service, cold beer, and mixed quality food.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank porkman
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“May I have a doggie bag?”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The food was great. We were our servers 4th customer solo, and she did a wonderful job. What needs to be said about this restaurant, is that they have really generous portions. I ordered the flounder, and was surprised at the large pieces of fish. Two as big as my hand. After a nice salad and croissant with honey, it was to much to eat. We wanted to try desserts, my co-worker the banana pudding, and me the apple crumble, but had to take it to go to eat later. Mine was great (included ice cream in separate container). Again, huge portions. Would go back.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank hiimjude62

Been to J. Peters Grill & Bar? Share your experiences!