“From two visits”

J. Peters Grill & Bar
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Lavonia
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Ate here two nights in a row, with mixed results. First night I had the cheese queso/chips appetizer, it was huge, but not really very tasty. Cheese was bland and certainly not mexican style. The only flavor came from the jalapenos. Main course was the Caesar salad with shrimp. The shrimp were great and plentiful. But the Caesar salad was dry with very little dressing. But the Yengling beer was cold and tasty. Second night I skipped the appetizer and just ordered the shrimp/fries combo. The house salad was great, lots of flavor with a super croissant. But the server messed up and brought the main course just a few minutes after I started the salad, a real no no. But the fried shrimp were again plentiful and tasty so I just skipped the fries and was very full. Lots of people, very good service, cold beer, and mixed quality food.

1  Thank porkman

Reviewed June 29, 2013

The food was great. We were our servers 4th customer solo, and she did a wonderful job. What needs to be said about this restaurant, is that they have really generous portions. I ordered the flounder, and was surprised at the large pieces of fish. Two as big as my hand. After a nice salad and croissant with honey, it was to much to eat. We wanted to try desserts, my co-worker the banana pudding, and me the apple crumble, but had to take it to go to eat later. Mine was great (included ice cream in separate container). Again, huge portions. Would go back.

1  Thank hiimjude62
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We were going to eat fastfood, but the granddaughter heard us talking with her uncle about the ribs at J.Peters Grill and Bar. She shared the full rack with Poppa and Uncle (more than enough for 3) while Aunt and Grandma each had the filet mignon. We all enjoyed our meals and the service was good, however it was just a bit pricey.

1  Thank baileespoppa

Been to J. Peters Grill & Bar? Share your experiences!