“Heavenly!”

Cuisines: American
Summerville, South Carolina
“Heavenly!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This wonderful place is run by Menonites which immediately assured me that we could not fail to have a great meal. I was not disappointed. I had the 1/2 sandwich and cup of soup lunch special. Grilled cheese on homemade bread like I haven't seen, or tasted, in years and tomato basil soup straight from my dreams. I wish I had not eaten breakfast before going because I really would have liked to have eaten more. Their baked potato soup tasted exactly like what it was called, too. The plethora of homemade desserts was OMG to die for! Six-layer cakes in a variety of flavors and more pies than I can remember, all of them incredibly tempting. We almost got extra desserts to go. The next time we travel to the upstate of SC, we will definitely make the trip to Lavonia and will not eat breakfast before going. An added bonus is the bakery side of the restaurant that has HUGE loaves of fresh baked bread and everything else they offer on their menu. I would have loaded up on bakery items if we were going to be headed right home. Next time I take a BIG cooler!

• Visited May 2013

“Very great place!!!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Really enjoy eating here. The food is great and the desserts are fabulous.........never had a bad experience and I've been there very many times!!! If you are ever looking for cakes to preorder this is the place to go. They're really great. Had them many times!!!

Martin,ga
“rude of manager”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I will never go there again,ordered a cake,was froze,didn't tell me,had birthday party that night and we couldn't cut cake,it was a mushy mess the next day and I paid $42.00 for something that we couldn't eat. Manager would not give money back and was very,very hateful,he said What do you want me to do about it. He would not do anything.will never go there again.waste of money

• Visited March 2013
9 Thank Fredda M
Hartwell, Georgia
“Save room for dessert!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The food is delicious, servings are generous, ambiance is lovely, the restaurant is spotlessly clean and the decor is cheerful. Save room for their "to die for" desserts. You'll also enjoy the cheerful staff. Best restaurant in the area.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Char C
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
“Best luch place ever”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have travelled around the world, but never expected one of the best place to lunch is in Lavonia, Georgia! Home made food, great special and the best cakes and pie you ever tasted.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Gertjan073

Been to 211 Main Street Restaurant and Bakery? Share your experiences!