“Best Hotel in Small Town”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lavonia
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Lavonia
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Lavonia is a quaint small town in NE Georgia close to Lake Hartwell. Not many lodging options of this standard really here. We stayed one night on 21 Feb 2013 while on a business trip to Hartwell. Upon arrival we chilled in the breakfast area before retiring for the night and got complimentary beers ... Nice.

Rooms are big and very plush. Slept well.

The Breakfast next morning was basic but fresh and kind of worked.

Lake Hartwell seemed like a great tourist destination. The city people are friendly and simply awesome. They just want you to come back.

Paid USD 114 + 17% Tax

Room Tip: They have elevator so higher floor rooms can be nice. Stayed only one night after a rather tiresome...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Avi_GlobeTrotter
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lavonia, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay at The Holiday Inn Express and Suites.We appreciate you and are thankful that with so many lodging choices you chose us.
We are so happy that you seen in our small town what we see everyday,friendly people,Quaint town,smiling faces.
We're excited that you were able to enjoy our social our and that you were able to have a "beer" or two and relax and get to know other guests.
A good nights sleep is all that matters when you're away from home.I am glad you were able to relax and enjoy the spacious room.
We want you to return as much as possible,We will definately enjoy seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed here while working in Toccoa. Very nice staff who gave great suggestions for dinner. Breakfast and coffee was great. Very clean rooms. New facility. Right at interstate but no noise. Cookies in the evening was a great touch after all day driving.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent stay with us at The Holiday Inn Express and Suites in Lavonia, Ga.
We are thankful for your gracious comments concerning our staff and our hotel, your comments help us improve.Thank you for them.
We strive to make your stay the best possible with friendly staff who really treats you as part of our family.
We're so happy you enjoyed our clean rooms,Your comments were terrific and we enjoyed them.
Our coffee is out 24 hours a day and we, like you, think our breakfast is amazing and all i can say is i am so glad you enjoyed it.
One of the best ways to end the day is with wonderful, fresh, cookies! They always bring a smile to our face, too!
We appreciate you and will love seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel is wonderful. No, there isn't a golden fountain in the courtyard, no Godiva chocolates on your pillow. But what you will find is a little like going back in time.

Our family first stayed here on a lark, we were visiting a museum in nearby Taccoa and had always been somewhat lucky with HIEs. What started as a lark has turned into at least 2 trips to Lavonia a year just because it is such a neat small town. Real restaurants, not a lot of chains, nice antiquing, beautiful lakes and camps nearby.

The hotel is perfect, the staff seems to really care about directing you to a nice dinner, a good bargain, or whatever you may need or just chatting. They are more than responsive to any needs you have and are very family friendly. The rooms are clean and spacious. Last year, we were there over the Easter Holiday and the staff let me work on and keep the kid's Easter Baskets downstairs so they could be surprised as they opened them in the Breakfast Nook.

We now travel there for our anniversary every year and, in fact, are traveling there for just that date in several weeks. Is it the Ritz? No. But it is a taste of old time small towns from an era when people cared about others and didn't spend all their time texting or facebooking. The hotel is a trip back in time that you will be glad you took.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
General M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lavonia, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Happy New Year! And thank you SO much for posting a review of our hotel, the Holiday Inn Express & Suites- Lavonia!
I truly appreciate the kind words and I am also happy that you enjoy our “Mayberry like” hotel and town! There are many hidden treasures here that get passed over for shopping malls and such. It sounds like we both agree on that!
I want ALL of my guests to feel at home, taking advantage of our free hot breakfast, free high speed internet, heated indoor pool and all of the other great amenities we offer. You and your family are very important to me and my staff! I am glad to hear that y’all have made our hotel a tradition! We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night at this hotel. I received a complimentary water and chocolates for being a Priority Club member (free to sign up).

The room was clean and spacious. It had a kitchenette, with a mini fridge, single serve coffee maker, microwave, and sink.

It also had a small couch, chair, & coffee table, along with a round table & 2 chairs.

They serve breakfast which is included with the room. It had pastries, cereal, eggs, sausage, and few other things. Juices and coffee were available also.

Overall, a very good experience.

• Stayed: October 2012
General M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lavonia, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lavonia, GA! Your comments are valuable to our continued improvement and success! Our staff here strives to make our hotel the best in every aspect.
I would also like to thank you for your continued loyalty and support as a Priority Club member! We appreciate you!
We are very happy that you enjoyed our “spacious” room and all of its wonderful amenities. I am also glad you were able to enjoy our full hot breakfast and appreciate those comments as well!
Again, we are honored that with all the lodging choices out there you chose us! We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Lavonia area.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

The staff here make this a 5 star hotel. The rooms are nice and the hotel has a free social every evening to the guest. This is the best place to stay in Lavonia,GA. The breakfast has a moderate variety of items to choose from.

Room Tip: The suites are very roomy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Christopher D
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lavonia, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lavonia, GA! Your comments are valuable to our continued improvement and success!

My staff here is always willing to go the extra mile and I’m glad you got to experience that! Likewise, I hope you enjoyed the evening Manager’s Reception and got to mingle with other guests while you relaxed; it’s a nice way to wind down after a busy work day!

Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to your return! I’m confident my staff will continue to impress! Come back soon!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

It is my pleasure to endorse Holiday Inn Express in Lavonia, GA. I am a weekly guest at this property and have never been disappointed. This "three year young" property is beautifully maintained both inside and out. The rooms are impeccably clean and comfortable, and tastefully decorated. The full breakfast offers a variety of hot and cold items every morning and guests can enjoy a complimentary cocktail reception during the week Mon-Thurs (I have yet to partake of this due to my work schedule but I have seen it and hear it is good.) Amenities include:a guest laundry room, business center, free wifi, indoor pool and fitness room. The staff is courteous and eager to make guests feel at home. If you are looking for a place to stay in the area, for business or pleasure, I highly recommend that you choose this property. It may be a bit more expensive than the other two motels that are within close proximity, but as they say, you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Rooms farther from the elevator are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide a review of your stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lavonia, GA!

I am so glad to hear that you have enjoyed your weekly stays! I have an EXCELLENT staff and your feedback lets me know that they are continuing to provide great customer service. In the future, I hope that you get a chance to partake in our nightly Manager’s Reception, which runs Monday thru Thursday from 5pm to 7pm. Stop in and enjoy a glass of wine and some snacks!

I look forward to your next visit with us and I hope that we continue to impress you! Thank you again for your endorsement! See you soon!

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Fantastic experience. Kind of expensive for being out in the middle of nowhere off the interstate. Staff was friendly, rooms large and clean, grounds kept up. Great breakfast. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lavonia, GA!

We focus on cleanliness, consistency and customer service at our hotel and it seems like that is exactly what you experienced! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed my staff, the rooms and grounds and the breakfast. Furthermore, I hope you enjoyed our WORLD FAMOUS cinnamon rolls!

Thank you again for providing your compliments! We are continuously looking to improve and your feedback is appreciated! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lavonia
Hampton Inn & Suites Lavonia
#5 of 6 in Lavonia
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#1 of 15 in Commerce

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lavonia? Share your experiences!