“Great Place to Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lavonia
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lavonia
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We checked in at 4am, and were well-received (even with the coupon) and in our room in only a few minutes. It only took a phone call to add another night and their easy checkout made leaving as smooth as arriving.

The indoor pool was great, the workout room was well-maintained and the breakfast was beyond a "continental" breakfast. The private outdoor patio, laundry and business center were well-worth the price. The staff were friendly, helpful & more than willing to go "above and beyond" the norm. It was easy to navigate to/from, conveniently located and both business & family friendly.

The rooms were spacious, well-stocked and the water-pressure was perfect in the shower. The coffee maker in the room and iron/ironing board in the closet were nice little touches that we've come to expect. The mini-fridge & microwave were unexpected, clean and worked very well.

All in all, this is a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Get the state coupon books at the welcome centers (if you missed it coming in, it's just an exit...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
General M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lavonia, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your GREAT experience at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Lavonia, GA!

I am glad that you got to experience some of our complimentary amenities, such as the mini-fridge and microwave. Likewise, I am happy that you enjoyed the facilities like the heated indoor pool and the fitness center. I surely hope you got plenty to eat for breakfast while you were here!

We strive for EXCELLENT customer service and it is great to know that that was your experience!

Please come and visit us the next time you are in Lavonia! The Holiday Inn Express & Suites is waiting for you! Thank you again for your compliments!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lavonia

Reviewed June 7, 2012

A true WOW experience . Business Center had 3 computers - pool was amazing - the outdoor patio so relaxing and private -the breakfast was outstanding and the rooms dynamic !
I loved how easy it was to get to off the interstate . I stay at tons of hotels this was the greatest !

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Angelmk
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express while on a trip to Alabama. The hotel staff was friendly and nice. The room was very clean, comfortable and quiet. After having dinner at a local Mexican restaurant, we decided to visit one of the local state parks, which was close by. Upon returning to the hotel we had a few drinks during the complimentary happy hour. We will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kayaker201
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed here while working on a job in the area. We had three rooms for one night and two for the next. It was a bit expensive, but had no choice. Our job ran over and we tried to get the extra room for an additional night, but to no avail. The extra man drove to Commerce and ended up staying there for about $50 less. Also, I had forgotten some items in a room the previous week. I was informed they had been logged into the lost and found, but were not in the lost and found area. Checked back the next evening with the same luck. I'm hoping that the items show up.

While the rooms are clean and it was ideally situated for our work group, it wasn't the best value for us.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lavonia, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Dear Merritt N,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations. I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order that I can investigate further.

I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Thanks,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Reviewed February 14, 2012

Stayed here while conducting business at one of my compnay's locations in the area. Though I didn't drive around the area much, from the outside it looks like this might be the best hotel in the area.

The best thing going for this hotel is the service. It was excellent. Someone else had booked my room for me so I had no say so in the type. When I arrived and was informed of the room type I asked if it was possible to switch, they were able to accomodate me. The front desk also informed me of the small events they have for their customers, a little reception every evening where they served finger food and drinks. Though I did not partake I thought it was a nice gesture! In addition the staff was very polite any time I arrived or left the hotel someone was always greeting me or saying 'Have a nice day'.

The room itself was a nice size, I had plenty of room to move around in. It contained a King size bed, a nice chair with an ottomon and a desk with a computer chair to work on if needed. It also had a fridge and a microwave, and the best thing of all, FREE INTERNET!! The bed itself was a little hard for my taste.

The bathroom could have been bigger. It felt a little tight, especially if you like to leave the bathroom door open while showering. However, the water pressure was nice and the water it self was hot and piping! The cleanliness of the room and bathroom was great. The hotel offered a free continental breakfast. You could make your own pancakes, have pastries, juice and I do believe they had eggs and such. Therefore, a good selection!

All in all a great hotel. As stated before, probably the best in the area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Court18
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Lavonia, GA at the beginning of January for a funeral in Royston, GA. The property is very clean and in excellent condition. It looks very new. The beds are comfortable, the food is great, and the entire staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. This is the best hotel in the entire area. It is also a great place to stop if you want to stay out of the traffic of Atlanta, GA or Greenville, SC. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone!

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet, comfortable and in excellent condition. There are refrigerators and microwaves...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank restaurantreviewer04
Reviewed January 16, 2012

We stayed here recently for a Clemson football game. Very convenient and easy access to stadium on game day. Clean room and great breakfast. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LeeAuburn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lavonia
Hampton Inn & Suites Lavonia
#2 of 3 in Toccoa
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 3 in Hartwell

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lavonia? Share your experiences!