“STAY FAR AWAY!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 1, 2012

What a total disappointment! We got there with high hopes of this being a nice dining experience on beautiful Lake Rabun, and should have realized it would be a nightmare the minute we arrived. Where do I begin?! This is NOT a restaurant as it calls itself, it is a pizza shop. The Cokes we ordered were flat, the lemonade had a weird taste, and the beer was warm! The ravioli we ordered was barely thawed and looked soo unappetizing. Frozen ravioli with a blob of Ragu on top, yum. I would love to say that the pizza was at least decent, but alas I cannot. I just got done puking my guts out from the food poisoning I got there earlier this evening, my stomach in knots all evening after eating two slices of "supreme" pizza. Even the bathroom was horrendous! As I man, I almost didn't feel safe standing up to use the bathroom, and my girlfriend said the same about the women's.

So in review, STAY FAR AWAY from this place!

1  Thank Court W

Reviewed August 22, 2012

You aren't going to find this place on your own! It's a local spot that has been in Rabun County for years. All open air, no AC and a wood stove for heat in the winter. It is "come as you are" with old jazz/30's music playing in the background. It seems there are always families here, kids still in swimsuits, parent's relaxed in t-shirts and lots of laughing. The menu isn't huge, but there is something for everyone. Pasta, pizza, salads and maybe a few sandwiches- that's it. The Tomato/Basil/Mozz salad is wonderful- so fresh and bright! The pizza is still tossed in the air, cooked in a real wood fire oven and the servers are local high school girls. Beer and wine are sold as well as softdrinks and of course, sweet tea! Parking can be a challenge, it's limited, but you can always come by boat and walk the short trail through the woods!

9  Thank KimberlyR734
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Food and service lousy Louie! Sorry, bu this stuff is nothing like real New York or Italian. Way over priced. Seems to be a cultural hangout for the over privileged who like to drink!

1  Thank SantoSolace
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My best friend has a lakehouse up on Rabun and I have been going up there for as long as I can remember. We always take the boat or take a drive up to louies and get a pizza along with some great appetizers. Its a good little place to go after a long day on the lake. The last time we went up to Rabun, we had louies 3 out of the 4 nights we were up there. Also we got a pizza to go to take for the ride home back to atlanta. Love the place and louie is usually in there so stop in and say hi and grab a pie!!

9  Thank Marcus B
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The pizza is just OK. But I have repeatedly had slow service at this restaurant. I have sworn to never return. Sitting for 30 minutes waiting for the bill gets old after it happens more than once. My children keep begging and I keep giving in. Sadly each time, I get what I have always gotten. Slow service. There are no other choices on Lake Rabun. Which is good for Louie's because if there was, they would lose business.

1  Thank hlsteve