Lake Rabun Hotel & Restaurant
$85
$80
QualityInn
Americas Best Value Inn(Clayton)(Great Value!)
$70
$62
$60
Travelocity
$60
$79
$75
Priceline
Country Hearth Inn(Toccoa)(Great Value!)
$75
$170
  • Pool
$229
Travelocity
All reviewsrooms are smallcommon areastroutget awaybed and breakfastquicheincluded breakfastpotatoesother guestspontoon boatthin wallsshrimp and gritshomemade cookiesthe hotel managergranolarustic feelromantic weekend
Reviewed November 27, 2010

Everything was wonderful and the food was the best ever. Thank you Josh and John for all you do. Thank you to the chefs you are more than awesome! We will always come back and tell others of our trip. The hotel is the finest we have experienced. We were made to feel like "home folks". Thank you so much. Cindy and Bill Attaway

Reviewed November 18, 2010

A hidden hideaway close to waterfalls, hiking and the mountains. It's been renovated and is so cute and enchanting on the inside. With only 8 rooms, they're all nice and have nice views. Our room was impeccably clean with a comfortable bed and amazing sheets! They even provided space heaters for our comfort...:)
The staff was friendly,courteous and helpful and made us feel at home. The gourmet restaurant and chef was amazing and the included breakfast was not your typical donuts and coffee. It was home cooked and made to order. The homemade cookies put out each day was a lovely touch. Very relaxing and enjoy nice music from the lobby piano.
We'll be back for sure!

Reviewed November 5, 2010

We had business in Atlanta and thought it would be the perfect time to try Lake Rabun Inn. The pictures and website all looked fantastic. It is a beautiful location. The people were very friendly...however, the rooms are TINY and quite noisey. I felt like I was in the bathroom with the guy next door (no details) and in bed with the snooring fella across the hall. The wood floors and squeeky doors make it impossible to sleep. I can see how it would be a wonderful spot if you were there with a group/friends, but there is very little privacy.
Our "Garden Room" balcony did not "overlook the garden and lake"...unless you craned your neck around the corner. It "overlooked" the parking lot.
The lobby area and common areas are nice and restaurant/bar inviting, however, we were disappointed in our meals...scallops and shrimp. Salty and greasy. Maybe we made the wrong selection. Maybe it was because we were the only ones in the restaurant and it was a slow night. But for the price, we left bummed.
The setting and building are nice...the beautiful stone fireplace in the lobby seemed inviting, but it wasnt on...and was converted to gas logs...!!??
It IS a great area for recreation and I'm sure you dont spend much time in your room on a nice day (it was raining and cold when we visited) but the lack of privacy did us in. It is what it is...a cabin in the mountains. Dont let the pictures lead you to believe its something more.

1  Thank buckeyetravel1981
Reviewed October 31, 2010

We had picked this destination for one of our semi-monthly exotic car mountain drives, and what a great choice....just a great location to end the drive on! We arrived as planned and the hotel was ready for us with a great location on the rear deck. The place itself is quite nice, very rustic looking and clean. The food on the lunch menu was well prepared and outstanding! We thank you for the hospitality and will definately mark it for a return visit.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed October 22, 2010

I stayed at the hotel (B&B) during one week in September on business. I was surprised on arrival on how intimate the location is (much more like a large home verses a hotel…there are no phones or televisions in the rooms but it was easy to get used to and I slept peacefully). I was pleased with how welcoming and accommodating the entire crew was during my stay. (Keep in mind, I think many people make overnight excursions from Atlanta so because I was there for a whole week, I became very familiar with operations and offerings.) Josh, manager/innkeeper/handy man, is a devote professional. He maintained his cool during the busiest of times. We joked that he was the person who slept under the stairs because he was always there seeing to every guest’s need – in morning when we woke and at night to make sure he greeted restaurant diners and to see to it the cookies were restocked. The beds are comfortable. There is a games parlor where you can watch the news or the latest game and the food in the restaurant, breakfast and dinner, is exquisite.
Lake Rabun Hotel gives me a reason to want to visit Lake County for vacation. Because of the accommodations and staff, I will be back.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business