“Perfect”

Lake Rabun Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lakemont
Reviewed June 3, 2012

My boyfriend surprised me with a short stay here for my 21st birthday. It was last minute so we were only staying for one night. He said that he had called to try to get a room but with the place only havin 8 rooms we almost didn't get to stay, there was a last minute cancellation so they upgraded our room and for some other reason we got a discount as well (cheaper is always better!!) so we checked in smoothly around 4:30. Since it was last minute we were almost unable to get a couples massage scheduled for the next morning but before we sat down to dinner they had assured us our massage would be available. Awesome! The staff was excellent. They all seemed like they were a family and got a long really well and actually enjoyed working there. Our upgraded room was named Lake Rabun. It was wonderful. Clean and newly renovated. Right outside our window was a little man made waterfall/pond so we opened the window. Very relaxing. It gave it a nice little touch of mountains and even more relaxation. For dinner we ate the restaurant which was heaven in my mouth!! I had the Pan Roasted Chicken. Amazing. Great value for the price. The bed in our room was wonderful. My second favorite part was the complimentary breakfast. Every morning the chef chooses whatever he wants and that is what is served. SO GOOD. They do ask if you have any food allergies or anything they should know about but I am not picky and will try just about anything. Now to my favorite part of the small trip, the couples massage. So relaxing, like any massage. Full body, 60 minute massage. It was very good and thorough. You will not be disappointed. I highly recommend staying here. It is great. I couldn't imagine what a whole weekend or even a week would be like. They offer all kinds of packages for hiking, boat rentals, jet ski rentals, etc. So nice and charming.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Taelornae
Anne W, Manager at Lake Rabun Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2012

Thank you so much for all the great things you posted about our wonderful historic hotel on TripAdvisor! It means a lot to us that you took the time to tell others all about us and what we have to offer. We hope you will visit us again soon!

There are newer reviews for Lake Rabun Hotel & Restaurant

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Our daughter chose Lake Rabun Hotel for her recent wedding. I can't begin to say enough positive things about the experience. You will not find a prettier setting....any photo is bound to be enhanced by the background, whether inside or outside. Guests are still raving over the food at the reception. The wedding party stayed in the inn and the breakfasts were superb!! The entire staff, but especially Josh, Anne, Jenna, Chef Jamie, and Robin bent over backwards to make everything perfect! Josh kept telling me "not to worry", that they would take care of everything and we just needed to enjoy ourselves at the wedding....and we did!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for posting such nice things about us on TripAdvisor! We are so happy that the wedding went so well and that EVERYONE - including all of us at LRH - had a wonderful time. Weddings are such a special time, and we are proud to have made your daughter's wedding such a memorable one for all of you!

Reviewed May 4, 2012

We spent one very pleasant night at Lake Rubun Hotel in the room with the fireplace. The room itself was very cozy and charming. Perfect for one night. The bathroom was a nice size but could be improved by adding a hairdryer as well as a couple of extra towels.We enjoyed a tour of the remainder of the rooms and they all were beautiful. We would choose the room with the deck next time. Others commented on the walls being thin, it was not an issue with us as we had the hotel entirely to ourselves. The privacy was wonderful!! Traveling out of season and during the week is good for somethng. We spent the evening in the downstairs common portion of the hotel drinking wine and eating cookies in front of the big fireplace. Everything was clean and beautifully decorated. Breakfast was the best I have every had at any bed and breakfast. Everything was delicious. My husband was even impressed and it take a lot to do that. The only sad part of the trip was the restaurant not being open for dinner. After the quality of the breakfast, we cann't wait to return for another night when we can have dinner.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such nice things about us on TripAdvisor! And, I must tell you that we have now added blow dryers to all the rooms - thank you for the suggestion! We hope you will stay again with us soon, on a night when you can dine in our award-winning restaurant.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

I heard about the Lake Rabun Hotel & Restaurant from a co-worker, and wow was I impressed. I have lived in North Georgia for years, but have never found such peace. Not only was the food excellent, but the staff was attentive while also acting "behind the scenes." After my wife's massage, I told her I planned on saving lunch money in order to come up more often. You get the feeling that you are in a remote cabin, but the staff is there to serve dinner, plan activities, and accommodate almost any request. Leave your I PHONE at home, bring a bottle of wine, and enjoy an incredible evening without distractions! Did I mention the food??

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jason L

Thank you, Jason, for taking the time so post such nice things about us on TripAdvisor! We are so glad you enjoyed your visit with us, and hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Fabulous little gem! My husband and I were looking for a quick get-away near Atlanta and found the perfect place at the eight guestroom Lake Rabun Hotel. Cozy, rustic (but NOT tacky) decor; several nooks and balconies for sipping wine or coffee; complimentary soda, water, coffee and snacks (including fresh baked cookies daily!) in upstairs gathering area; friendly, helpful staff. Rooms are small but clean, with local artist's wood touches. Great restaurant on main floor where lake home owners dine and huge breakfast is free for guests.

The hotel is not directly on the lake, but there are plenty of views and the dock is a quick walk. If you like to hike, ask the front desk for maps to nearby trails that have breathtaking waterfalls.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a lake view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jane h

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about us on TripAdvisor!

Reviewed November 7, 2011

We had flown from Nassau to Atlanta and then hired a car and driven to Lakemount.We were certainly looking forward to a long rest, good meal and a bottle of wine. However, this was not to be! We found this gorgeous rustic inn set beside the lake in beautiful gardens, but not a soul in sight! A letter of welcome with key and directions to our room was placed on the reception desk. The two story, eight bedroom inn was totally open,empty; the lamps were all on both upstairs and down, but still no staff! We assumed the restaurant was closed, so after getting settled with luggage etc walked across the road to a tavern only to be informed that limited food was available but definitely no alcohol as it was Sunday! This was slightly depressing, so after consuming a pizza walked back to the hotel and enjoyed the solitude of the premises. It was a particularly early night!
It did feel quite strange waking up to the smell of cooking signifying the kitchen staff had arrived!
After enjoying a wholesome breakfast, we paid our bill and proceeded to the Blue Ridge Parkway. It was a step back in time, where trust was a feature...unusual really, but in retrospect quite enjoyable.

Room Tip: Do not take too much luggage, as stairs are difficult and the room we were in was comfortable and ch...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Annette096
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This was our first stop on an anniversary trip. We couldn't have been happier. The old inn is cozy and charming. The staff, restaurant and facilities were outstanding. I loved the old staircase that led upstairs to the 8 guest rooms. Remember, this inn was built in 1922 so the walls are thin so you may need earplugs. Thankfully my husband brought some. The bed was awesomely comfortable, the best nights sleep on our whole trip. But don't plan on any private time there as even the sound of a cough carries to the other room. That is the only drawback that we experienced and we will go again. I loved the cat on the deck!

The chef is awesome and the menu changes seasonally depending on availability of local items including local wine. The downstairs lounging areas are comfortable and we were able to find our local home team playing football on the television.

The staff including Jenna and the hotel manager (name escapes me) were great! I forgot a toiletry bag and was 2 hours away when I realized I had left it. They packed it up and shipped it back to me. Now that is service!

Room Tip: Depending on your specific needs ask the front desk when you call for a reservation and they will he...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakemont
Quality Inn & Suites Mt. Chalet
Kingwood Country Club & Resort
Beechwood Inn
Beechwood Inn
#1 of 7 in Clayton

Been to Lake Rabun Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!