“Great stop-over”

Hampton Inn Valdosta/Lake Park Area
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Lake Park
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Booked this hotel at the last minute to escape Atlanta early before an ice storm. We stayed there because it is halfway to Disney. Wonderful hotel, very comfy beds, and a very nice breakfast. Would stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed February 13, 2014

This is a small Hampton, but perfect for our needs. Simple, but clean, quiet rooms. Breakfast was the standard Hampton fare. Both nighttime and morning staff and the breakfast staff were very friendly and accommodating. The staff gave us excellent service. We will definitely keep this hotel on our list of places to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I had a first floor room near the office and the dining area, which I appreciated. The room was clean and welcoming. The only concern I had was that there was only one person at the counter for checking in and I had to wait. She was manning two phones with graciousness and apologized for my having to wait. I was in no hurry, but I felt for her.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Peggie B
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The young lady at the front desk is truly an asset to the Hampton Inns. She knew her job, she knew how to handle people and was personable to everyone, kind and always had a smile on her face. Our room was exceptional. We have stayed there 4 times in the last 1 1/2 years and will continue to stay there in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I almost always book into Hampton Inns when we travel to and from Florida. Although they all differ to some degree, I have never been disappointed with any of my stays but on this one occasion, I could not stay. There were a number of problems with our advance booking but that would be a Hampton head office issue.
This hotel however had given away our room but offered us another room on the ground floor (#111). But when we walked in to check it out, we were overcome by an exceedingly toxic odour. My wife, who is asthmatic, was unable breath and was verging on a medical event. We went back to the front desk and were told, sorry no other rooms available. It was 5:00 p.m. and the hotel was now getting very busy with people booking in. I asked the manager if she could locate a vacancy at another Hampton Inn further along the highway. Their telephones and internet were both down and the manager used her cell phone to call 2 hotels but would not call any more then that. So without a room, we just continued to drive for a long long time.
The manager had told us that they use Febreeze in the rooms and that it is used by all the Hampton Inns. Firstly, I have never smelt anything like this before and secondly, Febreeze is a product that only masks odours. I does not clean anything. It will even mask the odour of mold and mildew so I can't see how this could be healthy for anyone using the room who has even the mildest of allergies. In this day of scent free workplaces and the abolition of strong perfumes, I don't understand why Hampton Inns don't follow the health practices of their other business peers.

Room Tip: Don't take room 111
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Little_Eddy
Reviewed February 1, 2014

We stayed there on our way home from a trip to Florida and was pleasantly surprised to find a very clean, up to date and reasonably priced hotel that was convenient to the Interstate. The staff was very pleasant and welcoming. We will stay there again on our next trip south.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We were traveling home and stopped here for the night as we had past experience with Hampton Inn. We were not disappointed. The room was clean and the breakfast was excellent. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Park
Days Inn Lake Park/Valdosta
Hampton Inn Suites Valdosta Conference Center
Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Valdosta, GA
Fairfield Inn & Suites Valdosta
Drury Inn & Suites Valdosta

Been to Hampton Inn Valdosta/Lake Park Area? Share your experiences!