“New Home”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Lake Park
Mount Dora, Florida
“New Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I am moving 2 miles away from this hotel and I needed a place to stay for a few nights while my stuff was on it was to the house. What a great night stay I had the beds were so comfortable but the best was the staff the lady in the morning cooking the eggs was awesome and beyond friendly she is a great asset to this hotel. I will have my family and guest stay here when they are visiting me at my new home in Valdosta GA.

Room Tip: The entire hotel was great
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Adrian B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Valdosta/Lake Park Area, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Thank you for the kind words. We value you as a guest and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
St. Augustine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Hampton Inns are budget conscience and offer free amenities (breakfast, wifi) that make them a good choice. If you plan a trip to Valdosta's Wild Adventures, this is where you should stay. This is where my review ended when I first wrote it but Trip Advisor didn't like the fact that I had not written a minimum of 200 characters so I am adding this sentence to make it happy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We value you as a guest and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Vonore, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

The staff was friendly and the hotel was clean despite the renovations going on. Price for one night stay was Great and affordable. Great facility outside and in. Business center was working great. Nice quiet hotel. Grounds around hotel was well kept. Enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We value your as a guest and look forward to seeing you soon.
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I'm a little perplexed by some of the reviews of this hotel. I found the hotel to be up to Hilton standards. Our room was spotless and very comfortable. Was it the best Hampton I've stayed at...I'd have to say no but certainly it was not the "worst Hilton property" or was it "OLD". All hotels have a formidable task with managing problems created by customers of all different types. Some think they are living in their own home and cause damage that is quite expensive to fix. While others barely leave a footprint.

The staff was very friendly and made sure that we felt welcome in the hotel. I'll continue to stay at Hampton Hotels in the future because I know I will have a good place to stay.

As with previous Hampton Hotels, this one had very clean and comfortable rooms. The general areas were clean as well as the breakfast area. The only real complaint I have continues with the "eggs" that Hampton serves at their complimentary breakfast. But if that is the only issue that I have then I think I'm staying at a good hotel. Definitely use this hotel if you are making an overnight stop on your trip into Florida. Or stay a few days and check out the area.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank roborant
Thank you so kindly for taking the time to share your stay with us. We always strive to ensure that each guests expectations are exceeded. From your arrival, your room, and your overall experience.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you again soon.
Madison, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

While this Hotel has a great location, it is old and in need of updates. The rooms are dark and not comfortable. It was noise and service was not good. They put us next to Kitchen and they were very loud, good thing we were aready up. Breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: Don't get bottem floor next to Kitchen.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us. We apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we will be using your feedback to help us ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

I travel quite a bit for work and always stay at Hilton properties and I was disappointed with the room, bed and noise. The bed was old, uncomfortable and made all kinds of noise with each little move. The breakfast staff was great and the food was good and what I expected. I would never stay at this property again. Need to remodel the rooms and carpeting.

Stayed August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We value your opinon, and do hope that you choose to stay with us again soon.
Upstate SC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We stayed for one night the last weekend in July on our way to FL for vacation. We're Hilton Honors members so stay at a lot of Hampton Inns and by far this was the worst as far as service and noise. In the room directly above us, children (?) jumped around for hours, beginning at 10:30 p.m. It made our room too loud to sleep, and we have two young children who needed their rest on the first leg of our vacation, so I called the front desk about it just after midnight. The reply I received was a disinterested "okay". That was it, no "I'll take care of it", no "I'm sorry", nothing. Apparently no action was taken because the noise continued until after 1 a.m., then we were able to fall asleep. I realize loud patrons are not a hotel's fault, but the desk clerk's laissez-faire attitude and lack of action was incredibly disappointing. The hotel is pretty, but the atrium/public areas of the hotel are right in the middle, and the rooms are lined up on the outside. Noise from the public areas travels right up to the room doors, and there was a very loud group of guests having quite a time after midnight there as well. So we had noise from our door, and from above. It was the worst night's sleep ever in a Hampton Inn. The rest of the stay was fine, just don't expect much in the way of customer service or friendliness, with the exception of Doug who was working the breakfast area during our stay. Doug was the bright spot at this Hampton, the rest was disappointing.

Room Tip: I would book a room as far away from that public area in the middle of the hotel, maybe ask for a co...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank happycmpr731
We thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us, and we will be using this feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guest in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Valdosta
Sleep Inn , Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn , Inn & Suites
#12 of 33 in Valdosta

Been to Hampton Inn Valdosta/Lake Park Area? Share your experiences!