“stay away!”

Travelodge Lake Park Valdosta
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Lake Park
Reviewed September 4, 2013

nasty nasty place! got a fungal infection walking on the floors. room smelled bad. bed sheets dirty. once you pay they refuse to refund your money after you see the condition of the room. so look at the room before you pay. yes, I know that 30 bucks sounds good but I should have just paid the extra money and went somewhere decent.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank denise2316

Reviewed July 13, 2013

On july 5 , we stopped in Lake Park,Ga on the way back from Sanibel Island. Luckly I was smart enough to ask if I could look at a room before handing them my money!!! The hotel doesn't look all that bad from the outside, but as soon as you walk down the hallway..it gets worst. There were boots and shoes beside every doorway..at the end of hallway there were nasty mattresses leaning against the walls. The room was very small,smelly and not well maintained at all.
Needless to say we passed on this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Shirley H
Reviewed January 19, 2013

First when we walked in there was a young girl at the counter which was really weird because she was in street clothes and looked like she was about 13 yrs old. The guy at the front desk had her doing the key cards. He was very friendly. At first it looked great and the room did NOT smell so i thought we did a really good job picking this place but as the night went on i started to find things. I found hair all over the sink from a previous guest shaving. The bed is sitting on a home made ply wood frame which keeps sliding off everytime you sit down on it. The box spring is all stained and dirty. There was no fitted sheet on the bed just 2 flat sheets that barely came to the edge of the bed it was probably mad for a double size bed. We flip up the top blanket over and it was all stained. It was cold so we turned on the heater and when u turn it off it turns off for a second and then turns back again by itself so we had to keep unplugging it. The toilet kept running we had to keep wiggling the handle. Also the walls are paper thin because everytime someone shut a door you can hear it loud and clear in the room. And then there was a paper on the desk stating that the housekeeping works for low wages and tips so if you feel the room was clean please leave a tip. Oh please i'm not leaving a tip. I mean i know you get what you pay for but it looked really nice at a glance. We will not be staying here again

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Amanda S
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Although you might think it is ok to stay here...just slap yourself and save your money. I normally don't review, but I just walked out of the front door and spent 40$ more and got a room at Hampton(ashburn would not refund even though I was there only 2-3 min). I would not recommend this to anyone. Just for starters as I was walking out noticed about 6 pairs of shoes under back steps. Both locks were broken on my room door. DO NOT DO NOT STAY HERE!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank GoBraves09
Reviewed October 25, 2012

On my way to the mountains last week, I booked two rooms at the Ashburn Inn, in Lake Park, Georgia. To my dismay, I read some of the reviews and thought maybe I should cancel my reservation. But, when we arrived, we were pleasantly surprised. This is a hotel, with all rooms inside and very nice and clean. The front desk clerk was very nice. The rooms were actually pretty good, having a refrigerator and microwave. I assumed the breakfast would be donuts and coffee since the price is only $35 a night, but again was pleasantly surprised! The breakfast consisted of hot waffle, grits, bagels and cream cheese, donuts, cold cereal with milk, coffee and various juices. I definitely will stop there again. The also didn't charge me for my small dog!

Room Tip: I stayed on the bottom floor, not sure if that will make the room nicer.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PattyAllen2064
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My daughter and I, along with our friends choose this place for a bed to rest our heads on for one night after we spent the day in the sun at Wild Adventures. It's on the same road as 4 other chain hotels and only about 7-10 minutes from the park. When we arrived they had no record of our reservation. We booked through www.booking.com, the young girl at the desk said this was a first, but none the less, she found us a room and was very friendly. The pool is tiny tiny and right on the side of the road. Upstairs we went to our room. The halls were smoky despite all of them stating, "No Smoking" on the door. When we got to our room the door was propped open with a chair, my assumption is that they were airing it out and cooling the halls with the window AC unit- no big deal. The room was tiny with two double beds. I first observed splatters all over the upper wall from one side to the other and on the tacky picture hanging above the bed. It looked to me to be blood splatters or bug droppings. My daughter went to hid with her friend behind the curtain and screamed cause there was something dark and nasty looking smeared all over one curtain. She said it was dukie, lol, but I couldn't tell nor was I going to examine it that closely. The walls were filthy and stained. All of them. The shower was hot, just don't use the sink at the sane time or you'll get scalded. There was not enough towels for the 4 of us, but the were able to get more from another friendly man at the front desk. TV and furniture is dated, but again, not a biggie. Getting into the bed, we noticed there was no top sheets on either bed. This was disturbing hence there was nothing between you and a blanket that had been used repeatedly by someone else. The bed and pillows were soft and fairly comfortable - this a plus, but probably only due to being very well broke in, lol. However, the box spring was absolutely disgusting! Stains ALL over it. When I pulled the blanket further back, the mattress was hanging off the side exposing lots of little black bugs or big droppings. Needless to say, yuck, yuck, yuck! My skin was crawling at the sight. The lighting was low, even my 8 year old noted that. The two lamp shades on the wall were cracked and ugly. Bottom line... is it really worth $40 bucks??? I've stayed at the Days Inn directly across the street two months previous for $54the bucks and it was very nice, from the pool to the rooms to the lobby... but my bed was so hard and uncomfortable, I couldn't get a good nights sleep and I said I wouldn't go back for that reason. If comfort and cleanliness are important to you, splurge a bit on something nicer!!!

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank Sdc04c
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We were headed to Tampa to get on a Carnival Cruise and decided to stop in Lake Park to sleep a few hours and finish the drive in the morning. We saw a billboard advertising the Ashford Inn for $29.99/ night. After some negotiation with the very nice manager, we did get the advertised rate. The room was clean, cold, and comfortable. Woke up and took nice hot shower next morning. Then enjoyed the free continental breakfast, make your own waffles was fresh and fun! We had a great experience. Next cruise we go on, we'll probably stay there again. You can't beat it for the money!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Econo Lodge Valdosta
Econo Lodge Valdosta
#17 of 34 in Valdosta
Days Inn Valdosta/Near Valdosta Mall

Been to Travelodge Lake Park Valdosta? Share your experiences!