Days Inn Lake Park/Valdosta
  • Pool
$87
$76
ComfortInn
Super 8 Valdosta/Conf Center Area(Valdosta)(Great Value!)
$51
Hotwire.com
$86
Travelers Inn(Lake Park)
TripAdvisor
All reviewswafflesroom was cleanpet feethe breakfast areastay there againhot oatmealwild adventuresnight's sleepcracker barrelstaff was very friendlysouth floridagreat place to stayfelt safecoffee potfree breakfastmotelcereal
Reviewed July 4, 2005

I stayed at the Lake Park Days Inn on the way to Florida in late June, having reserved a room on the website. The hotel is right off of I-75 just north of the Florida line. Hotel rates seem to get higher once you cross into Florida. The website showed a AAA discounted rate of $44 (better than the walk-ins-only coupon rate of $45) but only for rooms with two double beds, or smoking rooms. I booked the two doubles but requested a king non-smoking in the "comments" section of the on-line booking form. The friendly front desk employee had my reservation in the computer and honored my room request without any prompting from me. My room was on an inner courtyard around the attractive pool area, which was nicely landscaped and peaceful considering the proximity to I-75. The grounds are well maintained and my room was spotless -- I can't explain why other reviewers found their rooms unclean. The rooms are unusually large and are adequately furnished. The photographs shown on the Tripadvisor website do not do the hotel justice; I'm not even sure it's the right hotel. As a woman traveling alone I felt safe and comfortable. I imagine that this would be a good place for people with kids, too, since there is a nice pool area and several restaurants (Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, etc.) close by. The continental breakfast consisted of coffee, juice, packaged cinnamon rolls and mini-muffins, cereal, toast and bagels. Not very exciting, but adequate, considering the low price of the room.

• Stayed: June 2005
3  Thank susang73
A TripAdvisor Member
Plant City, Fl.
Reviewed April 21, 2005

Very dirty, have stayed there before but never again. The beds felt like I was sleeping on the box springs. Woke up with a bad back the next moring. Carpet was coming up in spots, and very dirty.

• Stayed: April 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed March 16, 2005

After driving 18 hours, we were looking forward to cleaning up at our hotel and resting all evening. We we arrived at our rooms we found that the room and especially the bathroom was not cleaned thoroughly. We went through another dirty room before given a clean one. It was also very noisy. Nothing was done about our inconveniences. It is worth it to pay a little more to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: March 2005
Reviewed January 2, 2005

My wife & I stayed here for 2 nights during December to see the Xmas lights & shows at Wild adventures. The hotel is clean but the bed mattress was not the best. They had a continental breakfast which was average & there was a Cracker barrel, Wendys & convient stores within walking distance. Not bad for the price & would stay there again...

• Stayed: January 2005
1  Thank emlodge
Reviewed August 7, 2004

Well after a long day at Wild Adventures, we were looking forward to a nice night at this hotel. We arrived at 8:30, only to find out that since we didn't confirm with a credit card by 6:00, they gave our rooms away! Now I made this reservation directly with the hotel and at no time was I told that I had to confirm with a credit card. I even asked about a late arrival and they assured me that was ok. I also confirmed 3 days prior. Now what I think happened was my reserved rooms were 45.00 per night. When we got there, there were alot of people looking for rooms and the going rate.....75.00! Most of the hotels at that exit had no vacancies and what they had was very expensive. I think this hotel was out for the buck. The girl at the counter was helpless and tried to call her manager WHO WOULDN'T EVEN TALK TO ME!!! While this hotel might be nice, BE AWARE of the customer service!!!!!!!!

1  Thank luvthetropics