“Run, do not walk, away from Sonny's BBQ in Georgia!”
Review of Sonny’s BBQ - CLOSED

Sonny’s BBQ
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed April 15, 2012

My husband and I ate at Sonny's near Lake Park, Ga on 4/14/12 for dinner. Both of our meals arrived luke warm at best. My husband got the Super Combo plate with ribs, chicken, beef brisquet and pulled pork. The brisquet looked stale, hard and old. He ended up getting FOOD POISONING! We are sure it is from Sonny's because he at an apple and coffee for breakfast and a few chips for lunch because we were driving to Wisconsin from FL and ate on the run....neither the apple nor the chips is what gave him food poisoning- it was dinner at Sonny's. We ate there at 6 pm, and at around 7 pm he started getting severe abdominal cramps and nausea. We also had to stop numerous times throughout the night for him to use the bathroom. When we finally got home 15 hours later, we called the manager and he assured us it wasn't from the restaurant my husband got food poisoning...oh really? He apologized but said there was nothing he could do. A full day after eating there, my husband still has abdominal cramps, a low grade fever and still making frequent bathroom trips. He is miserable. I must warn anyone who thinks about stopping here, go ANYWHERE else. Your stomach will thank you for it later!

There are newer reviews for Sonny’s BBQ

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Eat there at least two or more times per month. Love the smoked chicken, ribs and pork. Price is not bad for the portions you get.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

My wife and I found a BBQ Oasis on our way back to Illinois, after a 2-week vacation in Florida. I’ve eaten at several of Sonny’s locations in the past and enjoy their pulled pork. This time, I tried the smoked turkey breast special and it was delicious. The turkey was very tender and moist…I would order it again.

But, the real star at this location was our server, Angela. She was very polite and personable. Angela made our visit to Sonny’s especially enjoyable. After we paid the bill, Angela said she would pray for us to have a safe trip home!

1  Thank DESAuburnIL
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We frequently stop at Sonny's whem we're on the road. Figure it's dependable but this time we were disappointed. The food was not up to par. Both my turkey & my wife's pulled pork were served at barely room temp. Texas Toast was old, tepid & stale.
Never saw our server until I went up to the counter to ask for my check. Seems she was working the "drive-in" window.
Oh well, scratch them from the list of "reliables".