“A BBQ Oasis with Southern Hospitality!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Barbecue, American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Auburn, Illinois
“A BBQ Oasis with Southern Hospitality!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

My wife and I found a BBQ Oasis on our way back to Illinois, after a 2-week vacation in Florida. I’ve eaten at several of Sonny’s locations in the past and enjoy their pulled pork. This time, I tried the smoked turkey breast special and it was delicious. The turkey was very tender and moist…I would order it again.

But, the real star at this location was our server, Angela. She was very polite and personable. Angela made our visit to Sonny’s especially enjoyable. After we paid the bill, Angela said she would pray for us to have a safe trip home!

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DESAuburnIL

Atlanta, Georgia
“Thought we could rely on Sonny's”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

We frequently stop at Sonny's whem we're on the road. Figure it's dependable but this time we were disappointed. The food was not up to par. Both my turkey & my wife's pulled pork were served at barely room temp. Texas Toast was old, tepid & stale.
Never saw our server until I went up to the counter to ask for my check. Seems she was working the "drive-in" window.
Oh well, scratch them from the list of "reliables".

• Visited February 2012