“modern rooms and clean”

Motel 6 Lake Park
Motel 6 Lake Park
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Lake Park
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Brought my family up to wild adventures and was very pleased with price and how modern room was. We normally stay at a holiday inn but trying to save money. Same clean, comfortable beds for 3 nights for the price of one night at the holiday inn. So there is no free breakfast but lots of restaurants to choose from right outside our door.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Deborah G

Reviewed July 20, 2009

In a world of getting what you pay for..we were delighted with this venue! Clean room,great bed, fluffy pillows and the sweetest lady at the front desk whom was extremely helpful..we couldn't ask for better accomodations..clean lovely pool as well.
We will be coming back here to escape the hustle and bustle of the big city!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Goddesspam
Reviewed May 23, 2008

My husband wanted to try something other than Motel 6. We have a pet so our choices are limited. I thought I had booked something nice. Turned out to be far worse than any Motel 6 I have ever seen. The grounds were nice (except there was no water in their pool) but the room was nasty. It was very dark. Some bulbs were missing. There were burns in the comforter in our non smoking room. We didn't take our shoes off because the carpet was filthy. Even the cat wouldn't walk on the floor. She slept on my suitcase. The bathroom was awful. There was hair on the floor, a hole punched in the door, a tissue stuffed in the rusty dirth vent above the tub (It had obviously been there a long time), and a family of cockroaches living behind the door. The entire room was dark, dingy, dated, and shabby. The beds were very soft and the towels were small and rough.
They have a $10 charge per pet and a sign in the lobby states that they will charge an additional $50 for an undeclared pet. I can't see what they have to lose by allowing pets. Nothing could make that place worse.
We spent as little time as possible in that room and left immediately after discovering that their deluxe continental breakfast consisted of two kinds of cereal, instant oatmeal, plain old donuts, and coffee. There was no fruit or juice of any kind. There were no muffins, bread or bagels, or yogurt. This was far from what I would call deluxe. We left without eating. I will never stay there again and neither should anyone else until they thoroughly clean and update the rooms.
I have never given a negative review of any kind but this place has really earned it through their neglect and apathy.
To end this on a bright note, the gentleman working behind the desk was very professional and friendly. I wonder if he has seen the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank guavagirlKW
Reviewed December 31, 2005

We stayed here one night on the way to Florida. We had a double room for the kids that cost $39 (using one of the coupon books available at welcome centers) and a "king suite" (which is a regular room with a king bed, microwave, and refrigerator) for us for $50. I suppose one can't complain too much at those prices, but this place simply wasn't very nice. The kids' room seemed OK, but our room had a terrible mattress and pillows, and the room smelled funny (not a musty/moldy smell, but some sort of chemical-like odor). The continental breakfast was pitiful.
We've stayed in plenty of "low end" chains, such as Sleep Inn or Days Inn, previously, but seldom have we encountered a property we disliked as much as this one.

• Stayed: December 2005
Hampton Inn Suites Valdosta Conference Center
Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson - Valdosta
Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Motel 6 Lake Park? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Motel 6 Lake Park

Address: 1075 Lakes Blvd, I-75 & Lakes Blvd Exit, 5, Lake Park, GA 31636-3014 (Formerly GuestHouse International Inn)
Location: United States > Georgia > Lake Park
Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Lake Park
Price Range: $55 - $67 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Motel 6 Lake Park 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Motel 6 Lake Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.