“Great Family Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in LaGrange
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Great Family Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

We chose this hotel because there was a coupon in the rest stop coupon book that made it a really affordable price. I think it was $49 or so for up to 4 people in the room. Our first impression was an incredibly nice lady at check-in who seemed was conversational and positive. Next, there was this great swimming pool there for the kids (closes at 10 pm). Third, the room was great (2 queen beds) and clean. Lastly, we finished up the visit with a respectable continental breakfast. We'll certainly use this as a stop on the way down to Florida again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2012

Hotel had clean and comfortable rooms with LCD television. Shower had a multifunction shower head with very good water pressure. My kids had a great time in the pool. Staff was very courteous and friendly. Breakfast was adequate with make your own waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cereals, etc. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable & reasonable priced hotel to stay in Lagrange, GA.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Burnsville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

We had a last-minute, no reservations stay at the LaGrange, GA Baymont - selected based on Yelp and TripAdvisor ratings. We were not misled. The Baymont was clean, VERY quiet, courteous staff and very reasonably priced ($63 + $10 pet fee). All rooms open into an interior hallway - safer but requires a longer haul with your luggage. Wireless internet gave a solid connection. The HVAC will run constantly (as opposed to cycling off and on with a thermostat) - which we perfer because it masks outside noise. The room was basic but clean. The bed was comfortable and the blanket was double-sheeted - as in the best hotels - so you don't have to snuggle up to a blanket that is used by many and seldom washed. The shower head was great - a full flow instead of the miserly nozzles found at most hotels these days. The free breakfast bar was fair - but included a waffle maker if one is so inclined. But you are next door to the Cracker Barrel, so take your pick. Coffee was good. Ample green space for pet walking. Recommended for a budget minded traveler who only wants a clean, quiet, safe and reasonably priced place to sleep.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Beemerphile
Baymont01, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites LaGrange, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
I am glad to know from your review that you had a positive experience staying with Baymont Inn Lagrange, GA. It is always satisfying to our staff to see happy guest. I hope we can serve you again whenever your travel brings you back to Lagrange.
Boiling Springs, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

What a wonderful pet-friendly hotel. There are so many grassy areas for dogs to explore. Rooms are quite nice, too. We were on the first floor, so we heard footsteps from the room above us. Other than that, what a great option for a very good price.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for choosing to stay with Baymont Inn Lagrange, GA. I am glad that we were able to provide a comfortable place for you.
Sebastian, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

We were a VERY late check in (3:30AM) & the night time desk person (a man - didn't get name) was very rude! There was a mix up with our credit card and he was not at all helpful. Other family members had checked in earlier in the day, I had to wake them & have them put the room on their card so we could check in. Several hours later around 9 AM we all went down for breakfast & the day desk person (Misty) was great. We explained the situation with the night person & my check in. She was very helpful & apologetic & got the reservation & room switched around to my credit card - without any problems. We stayed 2 nights. 2nd night we had the kids at the pool for about 2 hours before it closed. There were no clean towels in the pool area so we asked the desk person (of course it was the same rude man from the 1st night). He said they had already put out all their pool towels for that day. We would have to get our towels from our rooms and wouldn't be able to get clean dry towels in the morning until after the cleaning ladies came around - hello... that's around checkout time! So my sister-in-law had to take my 1 year old & 2 month old nephews back to the room dripping wet. However, about 30 minutes later another man asked and was given 3 clean dry room towels for his 2 children??? After which I asked for towels again for the older kids still at the pool and was given towels - made no sense to me. Seems the night guy is just rude and lazy and does whatever he wants. After my children & I got back to the room my sons noticed a "bug" (roach) on our wall, I killed it. It was the only one we saw in the 2 days we stayed and the hotel did appear to be clean and updated. All other staff were very polite and helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had during your 2 night stay at the hotel. Let me assure you the situation you had was an isolated one. We at Baymont take great pride in what we offer to our guest. The pictures that were posted about a pest in room doesn't do any justice to our property as it was an isolated situation. I hope you will not count us off from your one experience with us and I personally hope you will select to stay with us again.
charleston,sc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2012

Comfy bed, Ice cold AC, great value and Great big room. Indoor pool and free cookies were great to

• Stayed February 2012
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

My stay at the Baymont Inn & Suites in La Grange, GA was a most pleasant experience! The room was fresh, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was included in my overnight stay and the dining area was spotless and offered a nice selection of breakfast foods including a waffle bar. The internet service was flawless. This is a well-managed hotel and I would highly recommend it to family & friends!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo