“A few "cons" ... lots of "pros"-- nice hotel!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens

Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in LaGrange
Portland, Maine
“A few "cons" ... lots of "pros"-- nice hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

I have stayed at this property before.
The staff are very pleasant.
There were just a few "cons."
--The TV channels were very slow to change from one to another
--The rug in the 3rd floor hallway was 'groddy'
--The pillows were uncomfortable
--No automatic door at entryway
There were lots of "pros!"
--Comfortable bed
--Plenty of towels and washcloths
--room was clean
--fridge and micro in room
--Excellent water pressure and plenty of hot water
--nice decor
--internet service good
--bathroom was nice and very clean
--Heat and A/C unit was awesome ... Amana brand (located below window) ... it was very precise
--lobby of hotel well appointed and clean
I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Eulalia_3,
I appreciate your staying with us and for reviewing our hotel again. We are thankful for your suppoort and are already addressing your concerns.
I am sorry you missed our automatic doors. They were installed at our entrance in May and have been a real blessing to our guests!
We hope to see you again soon. Until then, best wishes for safe travel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Baton Rouge, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

clean rooms with a quality staff to help you had a good breakfeast at 10:00 AM withoout the staff picking everything up and telling us that the time was up only prblem was the airconditioner it was either very hot or very cold in the room

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Ralph A,
We appreciate your trust in us and your taking the time to review our hotel. We are thankful for your kind words and will make sure we pass them along to our staff.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to LaGrange soon. Until then, safe travel!
Spartanburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

The staff knows my name! I travel to LaGrange often on business, usually staying multiple nights, and this hotel is the best-positioned relative to my destination. It's conveniently located right off Interstate 85, but not so close that road noise is ever an issue. I allows easy access to downtown as well, and there are many chain restaurants just one exit further north. However, besides proximity, it's simply a good hotel in its own right. Reasonably priced with generally friendly service and very comfortable beds. I make use of the wireless internet frequently and have never had an issue connecting. The management is involved, is often on site, and is very responsive and approachable. In fact, they're likely to approach YOU to ensure that your stay is going well and find out whether there is anything they can do to improve. I've rarely encountered any issues here, but if you do, give the management a chance to resolve it to your satisfaction. Minor inconveniences can happen anywhere. The hotel exhibits some wear typical of it's age, but the lobby area has been recently refurbished, and rooms are incrementally updated and refreshed. All of the rooms have flatscreen HDTVs with true HD channels, as well as easy-to-access electrical outlets and USB chargers which are convenient for the modern traveler. The hotel is often sold out during the early part of the week, so don't bank on availability without a reservation or calling ahead. Check out the serving area in the lobby on Wednesday evenings for a special arrival treat. Fresh baked cookies are standard every night, and that's a personal weakness. This group does it right!

Room Tip: I've never found road noise to be a problem, as the hotel is set back far enough in a relatively...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
David C,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate all your kind words and will make sure these are passed along to our staff. If we can ever be of assistance to you (or if you have any suggestions) please do not hesitate to let me know. We are thankful for your business and support, and look forward to welcoming you back to LaGrange soon!
Elyria, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

On our trip south, this was the second out of four Hampton Inn's we stayed at. I would rate this one second best. It was clean, we checked in quickly, (we did not have a reservation) and the staff was attentive and professional. The vending machine did not work, we wanted snacks and that was a disappointment. The breakfast was good and hot. Overall it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Alicia F,
It was a pleasure having you as our guest and thank you for the glowing comments. I am sorry our vending machine was not cooperating. We notified the vending service and they addressed this issue. I am sorry we could not have gotten them here sooner.
If there is anything we can do for you please do not hesitate to let me know. We appreciate your trust in us, and can't wait to welcome you back.
Belle Chasse, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Hampton is a first class accommodation, this one in particular. Much better than Sheraton! I would highly recommend that when passing LaGrange GA you must stay here. Well worth the money spent, not in the downtown area but very close to all you want to do in that area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Daniel Gerard M
Thank you for staying with us recently, and for taking the time to review our hotel and staff. As the General Manager for the Hampton Inn in LaGrange, your support and feedback is very important to me.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay with us more pleasant or productive, please do not hesitate to let me know. We appreciate your business, and look forward to welcoming you back to LaGrange soon!
Stanwood MI, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Everything is well done except the complimentary breakfast which is served in an area ill designed for the purpose. Aprior guest had made suggestions to improve the actual operation, but none of the good suggestions had been installed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Earl S,
Thank you for your business and your suggestions. We actually have been trying different arrangements for breakfast on certain days to see if we can improve the flow.
If we can ever be of service again (or if you have any additional suggestions) please do not hesitate to let me know. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Lake Villa, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

If you are looking for a dirty room and rude employees this is the place, dirty bathroom floor, dirty shower tub, torn carpet, lousy paint job, elevator not working so took staircase which was probably swept few years ago. Remote did not work, could not call front desk because phone did not work., when informed the front desk she was rude & stated she was alone and could not do any thing other then give a new remote if I would go down to front desk.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Pravin P
Thank you for staying with us recently, and for taking the time to review our hotel. As the General Manager for the Hampton Inn in LaGrange, your feedback - even negative feedback - is very important to me.

Our goal is to exceed your expectations when you stay with us. I am embarrassed to see that we failed you in every area. Please accept my apology for not living up to the standards of the Hampton Brand.

As I mentioned in my voicemail, I would be grateful for the chance to discuss your stay further. I only wish I had been aware of your issues during your stay. If there is a good time for me to contact you, please let me know.

I am acutely aware that we only get one chance to make a good impression, and I can only hope that you can forgive us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near LaGrange
Wingate by Wyndham LaGrange
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites LaGrange / I-85
The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#6 of 11 in LaGrange
Baymont Inn & Suites LaGrange

Been to Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens? Share your experiences!