“Hampton Inn Standards? Not so sure....”

Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in LaGrange
Ruther Glen, Virginia, United States
“Hampton Inn Standards? Not so sure....”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I always stay at a Hilton property (love those points :-)) and have not had an experience like this one. I will say that 2 co-workers stayed here as well and did not have the same issues as I. First the Good: Great friendly staff. Good location. Great Breakfast as expected. Now the bad. I'll save all the little details, we have all read long reviews with all the issues and how upset the person was/is. The bottom line was my room was not clean the 1st day. I gave them a pass and said nothing. Day 2 the bathroom was just not clean, period. The next morning I mentioned the cleaning staff needed to pay a bit more attention to the bathroom. Day 3 no change. Day 4 no change. There was no effort into cleaning anything. Just made the beds and replaced the towels. In addition to this, I noted the slow drain on my bath the 1st morning of my stay. 2nd morning water up to my ankles. I asked for maintenance, and that night I noticed the drain looked different, and this was due to the fact it had be cleaned by maintenance staff (I know it was not housekeeping because the rest of the tub was still dirty. What I thought was the "normal" look of the drain was filth from the last guest. The last thing of note was the hall carpets. They looked soiled with blackness. I'm not sure if this is mold or dirt. My co-workers noticed this as well. Since the halls do not seem to be cooled, mold could be the cause. We all did experience sinus issues during this stay. I'm just guessing, I'm no expert on this, just relaying what I saw and felt. To me this was just not a HI experience that I'm use too. Hopefully it will be better if I'm down this way again........

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian A
John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Brian A ,
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me this morning. After reading through your review, it is painfully obvious that I have some work to do. I can only hope that you accept my apology for your experience. We are embarrassed beyond measure. Rest assured we are addressing your issues this morning and reviewing the housekeeping standards with my staff.

I am acutely aware that we only get one chance to make a good impression. If you are ever in the LaGrange, Georgia area again, I would appreciate another opportunity to earn your business and show you how much we have learned from your feedback.

Thank you for your business – I hope we have the honor of welcoming you back to LaGrange Georgia soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The hotel staff was extremely nice. Breakfast was exceptional. The bathrooms were not quite as clean as I like but for only one night it was ok. Great area right off the I-85. We felt safe entering/exiting the hotel parking lot area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
TeeDee_11
Thank you taking the time to review us.
We are thankful for your support and appreciate your kind words and compliments regarding our staff and hotel. If you are ever in the LaGrange Georgia area, we would be honored to welcome you back.
Best wishes for safe travel.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Hotel is the standard Hampton layout but the staff is friendlier and more outgoing than other Hampton Inns that I stayed at. Rooms are clean and well lit. This is a much better room than the comparable Creekside Inn at Callaway Gardens. The location is ideal on I-85 and Route 27 which affords easy access to attractions in the area. Overall good room at good price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Jjmat49022,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and for your kind words. I cannot wait to share your comments with our staff.
We appreciate your business and your support, and wish you safe travels until we see you again!
Savannah, United States
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Chose this location b/c the one in Lanette was booked. Very friendly staff concerned with our every need. Breakfast was a little congested but there were several events going on that weekend. I will definitely be back as need arises:-)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Janice R,
Thank you for trusting us with you lodging needs. We are thankful for your support, as well as your kind words. I cannot wait to share your review with our staff.
Please know that you are always welcome at our Hampton Inn, and we look forward to your return soon!
Portland, Maine
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have stayed at this location a few times in the past.
It is always a pleasure.
There is a nice tile entry area as you enter the room.
Fridge...microwave..lots of outlets.
The lighting was very good.
The A/c was a bit loud an clanky...probably just the room that I had.
The rooms are not very big.....but okay.
Barbara a the desk was nice ... Selina in housekeeping was nice!
I would stay again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Batesy11,
Thank you for staying with us recently, and for your compliments on our staff and hotel. As the General Manager for the Hampton Inn in LaGrange, your feedback is very important to me. I will be happy to share this wilth Barbara, Selina and the rest of our team.
I also want to compliment you on the wonderful pictures - It was a nice touch! We appreciate your support over the years, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Orlando
Reviewed May 6, 2013

As expected with virtually all Hampton Inns, all aspects of my visit were pleasant and convenient. I learned after my stay that I knew the GM at this property and can vouch for his desire to offer a high-quality experience at a reasonable price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

GTConsultants,
Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to submit your review. It was a pleasure meeting you and I appreciate your feedback and encouragement.
Please know that if you are ever in this area again, we would be delighted to welcome you back!
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stay at Hampton inns when can as usually cleaner and more comfortable than most in this price range. Could tell at this location they work hard for the customer and seem attentive. Not much in line of restaurants in the area so find along the way if possible.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
tropicseeker1
Thank you for staying with us recently! We also appreciate the compliments.
Most of our regular guests refer to our exit on I85 (exit 14) as the "quiet " exit. Although we do not have any restaurants within walking distance, we do have some very nice restaurants located in town near the square. We hope you found one while you were here!
If you are ever in this area again, please know that you are always welcome at our Hampton Inn.
Also consider these accommodations in or near LaGrange
Wingate by Wyndham LaGrange
The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#6 of 10 in LaGrange

Been to Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens? Share your experiences!