“Good rooms, noisy guests”

Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in LaGrange
Chicago, Illinois
“Good rooms, noisy guests”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Typical Hampton Inn, good, clean, nice staff, etc. Had two nights of bad guests. First night was a late arrival of a boys basketball team. They were very loud and slammed doors. The really annoying part was that the hotel has their bus parked right behind the building and close to the rooms. So lots noise and that parks. The next day the breakfast nook was not really prepared for an influx of teenage boys. The second night there was a late arrival of a tour bus. It ran its engine for a long time and rooms filled with diesel fumes as the hotel once again had them park right next to the building. This time though complaints were made the on call manager had the driver move, but it took an hour in the early am. The facility needs to rethink their park plan.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
ScottM1
Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us at Hampton Inn LaGrange. We’re glad that you found your room and our staff pleasing.
I am sorry for the noise. We will consider your recommendations regarding parking so that we might avoid these issues in the future.
Best wishes for a happy and successful new year - we hope to have the chance to serve you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Lewisville, Texas
Reviewed December 4, 2012

If you want to know what Southern Hospitality is like stay at the Hampton Inn, Lagrange, GA. The staff was courteous and helpful. Worked with my early arrival and used my name everytime I saw them. This would be a great training facility for ALL hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Orlando M
Thank you for trusting us with your family's lodging. It was a pleasure having you as our guest, and I sincerely appreciate your gracious comments. If you are ever in LaGrange again, it would be our honor to serve you.
Best wishes for a wonderful holiday season and a Happy 2013!
Mary Esther, Florida
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My son and I went to see the Fantasy in Lights at Callaway Gardens, but the Inn at the Gardens was full so we ended up staying at the Hampton Inn in Lagrange, GA, which is about 15 miles away. It was a very straight forward drive to see the light s and actually, more convenient to stay at due to the proximity to the interstate (I-85) and to area restaraunts which were 4 miles away.
The hotel was undergoing some renovations, but it was one of the less intrusive jobs I have witnessed in a hotel. No banging throughout the day/night and the only thing that was inaccessible was the main entrance due to re-tiling job in progress. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and professional and the General Manager would stop and speak to the guests and showed a genuine concern with our comfort and safety.
The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BKMitch
John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
BKMitch,
Thank you for trusting us with your lodging during your visit to Fantasy in Lights. I also want to thank you for your patience and understanding during our lobby renovation. We are putting the finishing artwork in place today!
If we can ever be of assistance to you or your family please do not hesitate to call on us. We would be delighted to welcome you back to LaGrange.
Best wishes for a wonderful Holiday Season!
Morgantown PA
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Everything was up to par and the room was a bit larger than the normal Hampton. Great breakfast service. Less than an hour away is FDR Little White House at Warm Springs and Callaway Gardens - a great day trip from Lagrange. Be sure to take the time to go into downtown Lagrange for a walk around the great Lafayette fountain at the square and have dinner at one of the many restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Bavid N
Thank you for your compliments on our service and your recommendation to others. I am also happy to see you explored our downtown area - I am sure you had a great time!
If there is anything we can do to make your next visit more pleasant or productive, please do not hesitate to let me know. We appreciate your business, and look forward to welcoming you back to LaGrange soon!
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here in November of 2012 and I was there for one night. The hotel is conveniently located and the rooms were comfortable and current with regards to hotel standards on bedding, etc. they had actual HD service which was nice. The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was above average. The facility is showing some age but overall it is in good shape. I would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Ivy C
Thank you for your compliments and willingness to return to us. We are very thankful for your support!
Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The lady in charge of the breakfast area, Miss Jackie, was the best person in charge of this early morning meal who I have ever met in all the years of traveling and staying at Hampton Inns. She was so conscientious, helpful, and concerned that I and my friend would have a good breakfast. It was amazing. She is a valuable employee and you should be happy that she is there every morning to make your guests comfortable. My name is Stephen Locke.

Room Tip: It was a good decision to stay there. Close to I85. Room was clean and tidy. Breakfast was good t...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Norton G
Thank you for your kind words and compliments. Our breakfast staff works hard to make sure everyone is taken care of, and it is rewarding when efforts are noticed.
We want to be your home away from home when traveling, so if there is anything we can do to make your next stay more productive or enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let me know.
We appreciate your support of our hotel, and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Dalton, Georgia
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Last week I took a softball team of 12 Special Olympic athletes and 4 coaches for a softball tournament in Lagrange, GA. We first looked at this hotel because of the name brand. However after calling and talking to the general manager John, I knew this is where we wanted to be. I told him why we were coming and what we would need and he delivered no questions asked. We ran late on our check-in night and the front desk called me personally to make sure we were okay and not lost. Once we arrived our check-in experience was seamless and parking was easy. Our rooms were very clean and the rooms were grouped together just like I had asked for. Because of our large party and others staying also, extra breakfast was made. The hostess never left the site and the buffet was never empty for anything. The staff even helped my athletes make waffles and transport items to their tables. On a trip with folks with special needs and having to be at the softball fields on time mixed with other things, the last thing I wanted to worry about was our rooms and breakfast. John and his Hampton Inn staff took care of it all and I was able to place my attention where it needed to be. With a great staff, excellent price, and very clean rooms our next trip will not require any looking, just a phone call to John...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
John M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Welsey G
It was an honor to have you and your team stay with us. I appreciate your compliments and will be happy to share them with our staff.
Part of the mission of Special Olympics is to give participants a forum to "demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community". Thank you for allowing us to be a small part of that community, and thank you, sir, for your dedication to the Special Olympics.
If we can ever be of service to you, your athletes or their families please do not hesitate to let me know.
Also consider these accommodations in or near LaGrange
Wingate by Wyndham LaGrange
La Quinta Inn & Suites LaGrange / I-85
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#6 of 10 in LaGrange

Been to Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens? Share your experiences!