“Red roof lagrange and priceline BAD, BAD!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of LaGrange

LaGrange
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in LaGrange
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“Red roof lagrange and priceline BAD, BAD!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

Booked for two nights since we'd be in the area. Upon check in, noticed mold throughout bathroom, hole in bathroom door which was spackled but not painted, fan in bath hanging off wall, light fixture cover pushed up into fixture and THEE topper was under the toilet seat what appeared to be blood!!! HORRIBLE!! Called priceline immediately and they evidently have NO teeth! I asked to be refunded and to check into another hotel and customer relations called the hotel to ask. WHAT!?? Seems if you are contracting with hotels to provide a service and the service provided is inadequate, you'd make it right or pull your contract. Guess money is WAY more important than customer service. We will check out and will NEVER stay in a Red Roof Inn again...or use Priceline for that matter.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ken p, Owner at LaGrange, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Dear Lisa,

I am sorry we fell short of our goal which is to provide a clean, comfortable room at a good value. I assure you we take your comments seriously and I have shared this with my staff. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Please feel free to call me at 706-882-9540 ext. 300, if I maybe of asisstance.

Owner, Ken

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
wheeling
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

My husband and i decided to get away for the weekend and didnt want to go to far. We stayed at this hotel because they had a jacuzzi suite available. We got to our room around 9pm and were happy that the AC was already on and the room was very clean. We will visit here again in the future.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank urmila p
Ocala, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2011

I was on my way to Atlanta when I spotted this red roof in Lagrange and decided to stop as I have been a loyal red roof customer for years. The experience with housekeeping was very interesting. unfortunately I left my camera changer and the battery plugged in the wall. ONce I arrived to Atlanta I noticed and called, they have found it and told me that they were going to keep it in the lost and found of the hotel but I had to call back to make arrangements with the manager to have it shipped to my home in Florida. it's been almost a month and I was not able to find a manager until today 8/22/11 when the person that picked up the phone told me that the manager was not there and all of the sudden when I told him my ordeal, he became the manager and told me that he had spoken with the girl that I talked to before and they were not able to find anything. I have lost almost a month trying to get my missed item with an unfortunate result. THis manager made me feel very uncomfortable and just hang up on me...nice way to treat your patrons Red Roof!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these LaGrange hotels

Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2010

One of the cleanest hotels i have stayed at while traveling through Georgia. The bathroom was exceptionally clean with no mold or mildew. The staff was friendly and helped me out with directions. easy to use wi-fi made my stay fine.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank luvtotravel4fun
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2010

The rooms were nice and clean. I enjoyed sleeping in the comfortable beds. What really satisfied me was the breakfast. There was a waffle maker which I have never seen and the waffles were delicious. I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank johnson645
Atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2008

Initially, I just wanted an inexpensive hotel that didn't have roaches.....I got my wish, but my stay was a disappointment. First , the hotel looks like a previous Red Roof Inn or something similar. I booked a king bed with a rollaway bed. When I checked in, I just happened to ask if the rollaway bed was in the room..Oh, we have given out all the rollaway beds. He didn't offer an alternative considering rollaway beds cost an additional fee. I had to ask for a room with double beds. Double beds were FULL and not QUEEN. The front desk attendant seemed to be concerned that double beds cost more than the king room I reserved. That didn't sound right....backwards actually. Later. I asked for extra blankets to be told that he had no more. The hotel was NOT sold out (only 6 cars in the front of the parking lot). I had to ask the front desk person to get a blanket off a bed in a room that was clean just to be told, I can only give you one, and not two. THE BATHROOM DOOR WOULD NOT CLOSE!!!!!!! One of the bars on the tub was missing so there were two holes by the face towel rack in the shower. The phone number in the directory for Dominoes was not to the closest one which was ACROSS THE STREET! Bottom line, I was not impressed and it was certainly not worth the money. Ohhh.....and one other thing....you would think....with alllll the rooms that were available in that hotel....management would have put the couple who decided to have sex....NOT next to a family with two young girls and a teenage boy.

• Liked — Proximity to interstate
  • Disliked — Didn't receive room I reserved.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank Golfer0125
e hartford
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2008

worst hotel stay ever- pool was green and unusable-bugs in light in bathroom ceiling-broken toilet seat-some rooms have refrigerators some dont-dirty microwave-customer service leaves much to be desired

• Disliked — the manager and the way he handled our complaints
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank nanadacko
QualityInnLaGrange, Assistant General Manager at LaGrange, responded to this review, July 8, 2008
I would, as the AGM, like to address this particular review if I may. We take great pride in offering very clean, well maintained rooms and property here at the Quality Inn and Suites of LaGrange. Sometimes this does require maintence work to be done and during the times we add chemicals to our pool , for the safety of our guest we do have to close the pool until chemical levels are optimum for swimming, as do most any place that has a pool. And yes, not all of our rooms have fridges but most do and when requested we accomedate guests when they ask for a fridge. We are very happy to move a guest to a different room if they do find a problem in their room, and while we do routine maintence no one is perfect and from time to time we may miss one or two minor things but as stated we do whatever possible to accomedate our guest.