“What a surprise.”

Mare Sol
Ranked #5 of 104 Restaurants in LaGrange
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Martinsburg, West Virginia, United States
“What a surprise.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We met relatives her on our first night in LaGrange. We were please with the menu selection. Only thing of concern was that it was difficult to carry-on a conversation. Ambient noise was loud.

Visited November 2012

“Interesting place, good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We happened upon this place by accident. We were visiting from out of town, and drove into downtown Lagrange to go to Mighty Joe's Pizza. I'm sure that place is fine, but we were just looking for something with more menu choices. We started walking and saw this place. Got right in with no problem on a Friday night. It it a louder atmosphere, so if you want to have a quiet, intimate dinner, this may not work. I had pasta primavera with pesto, my husband had braised beef tips. Both were very good. I doubt I'll be in Lagrange any time soon, but if I am, I would return.

• Visited July 2013
LaGrange, Georgia
“Great tapas!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

My favorite restaurant in town. The tapas is always delicious as well as the flatbreads. I have tried almost everything on the menu and have disliked only one thing... the shrimp and grits (very greasy). They have a wonderful beer selection and is the only place in town that has a decent array of microbrews. The beer and wine list changes frequently which I love! The only downside is that if you go for lunch.. Expect to be there for at least an hour and a half. For some reason the food is very slow at lunch time. I would definitely suggest trying it!!

• Visited July 2013
Byram
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“EXCELLENT, NEED NOT SAY MORE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

This EXCELLENT restaurant is a must for everyone. They have a website where you can lookup menu and pricing before you go. My family has to eat gluten free so I called ahead to see if they could accommodate and THEY DID. The cook guaranteed we would not have to worry about cross contamination and it was so good we are going back this evening. Our waitress was the best....ask for Ally to be your waitress when you go....you won't be disappointed! Highly recommended by my family!

Visited June 2013
Lanett, Alabama, United States
“Love it... if only they would get a Hostess!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

So this is one of my absolute favorite restaraunts. Amazing food and super diverse menu. The prices are reasonable and we have enjoyed everything we've ordered there! BUT... we now only go at lunch time. On two seperate occassions we tried to go for dinner and they had no one at the door to greet you. Waiter after waiter walked by totally ignoring us and the other folks. No place to write your name. After 10 minutes someone finally came over and offered menus and a table to somoene who came after us, nevermind that we weren't even next in line. After 30 minutes we left (only waited 10 minutes the second attempt). I don't get it. A place that great can't handle seating people and welcoming them? Come on MareSol - fix it!!!!

• Visited March 2013