“Old property”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in LaGrange
Troy, North Carolina
“Old property”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

1-17-13 girl at front desk not very nice......VERY dark parking lot.....building very old and still paid $100.00 :-( next morning another gal at front desk not nice.....Where was the Southern Hospitality? We was tired of driving and stopped here....I wish I had read the reviews first. We would have drove down one more exit and stayed at the Hampton Inn......Never again at exit 18

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Truthalways52
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites LaGrange / I-85, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Truthalways52,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service. For that reason, I apologize for any inconvenience the condition of our parking and customer service you received from our staff may have caused during your stay. Rest assured your feedback will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments and we will work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
TN
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Room was clean, malfunctioning coffee maker, moldy bathroom ceiling, inferior rattling A/C, slow internet.
Nice bed, aging frumpy pillows.
Shower curtain was partially hung so I ended up doing some housekeeping. Shower curtain bottom sat in bathtub.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites LaGrange / I-85, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Phaser,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. As customer service professionals, we strive to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. Please accept my sincere apology for the unusual conditions of the room you received. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will share these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed.

Again, thank you for staying with us and leaving us with an honest feedback.

Joel B
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have stayed in Holiday Inn Express locations before, but would not stay at this property again. Maybe we just had a bad room, but I would not take the chance. The bathroom door would not close so it was a good thing it was just my husband and I in the room. The air conditioner worked, but was VERY NOISY. We finally turned it off so we could get some sleep. There was no "black out" curtain, only the sheers, so the bright light in the parking lot lit up the room all night...and not to mention there was no privacy when the light was on in the room. Anyone at the pool could see inside our room. The front desk staff was friendly enough, but not enough to make up for the poor quality/maintenance in the room.

There is a microwave and refrigerator in the room, but we didn't use them since we were there for just one night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites LaGrange / I-85, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear RNM0m,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry our hotel did not live up to your expectations and regret that you were not satisfied with the condition of the room you received. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Covington, Georgia
Reviewed September 24, 2012

i had my property taken from my room. called and asked manager to contact me , NEVER DID. beware not a good place to stay. walls cracking and room not clean hair all over bath. There were black stains on the floor and on a foot stool. front desk gave me the wrong room at check in. The belmont inn is right next door . i wish i had stayed there.

Room Tip: stay at belmont inn their bad room is better than holiday inn express best.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites LaGrange / I-85, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Sergeant b,

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Hotel is mostly clean but old and in need of renovation. Furnishings, carpet, wall coverings are dated and worn. Air conditioner old but works well. Room had mini-fridge, coffee maker, and microwave which are convenient. TV is not a flat screen (if that's important to you). Front desk staff at check in were very friendly. I would say the price is indicative of the quality you should expect. A nicer, newer Wingate Wyndham hotel is about a half a mile down the road.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Williamsburg, KY
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Stayed overnight on trip to panama city w family. Rooms ok but not as clean as I expect from hie. Older furniture, tv, etc. bathrooms need some work w baseboards, etc. for some reason, phone in bathroom. Lobby is on one end of hotel, so you may need to park on other side to avoid longer walk to room. Ok for overnight stops, didn't feel dangerous, and low points if you use rewards for free stay, but baymont is nicer beside it, no priority club goodie bag,etc. If there is not a significant renovation in next two or three years, they'll probably lose their brand and have to change to a different one.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
raleigh, north carolina
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We were travelling to Biloxi and stopped here for a quick over night stay. Location was easy on and off. There were restaurants around the hotel ( not within walking distance). This hotel was very clean and the breakfast was good. They had a pancake maker, cinnamon rolls, sausage, biscuits and gravy. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family