“Nice and quiet”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in LaGrange
Hixson, Tennessee
“Nice and quiet”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Had 2 nights here while visiting a friend. Pleasant enough check in but no goodie bag for being a Priority Club Member (got goodies at the last 4 we stayed) in fact no acknowledgement for being a member at all.

Room was clean although it looked like mold around the grip in the shower. The shower head wasn't working the best either but I had a room on the end of the hall and it was really quiet - loved that. The A/C was working when I walked in - thank you! Its been killer hot this summer and that was nice. It wasn't overly noisy either so I slept well.

Breakfast was the standard HIE fare - still not sure why there is gloppy gravy and biscuits for breakfast - not at all appetizing but the new pancake maker was a hit again. It was nice to have breakfast over looking the garden too.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Myquest55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Stay at a lot of Holiday Inn's for business and I try to stay at the Express brand because they're newer, nicer and usually better maintained. Other than the sign on the hotel and they serve breakfast, this is an old-time, quaint Holiday Inn -it has seen better days. Passable in a pinch, but for the money there are nicer places to stay.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank fergusn
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Stayed here for a few nights on a business trip. A nice clean hotel with good facilities that you would expect of this chain. The staff were helpful and despite being in an unknown area they were a great help in finding where and what I needed. A small however is you probably don't want to be left here without a car. There isn't much to do and it's a good walk (especially if you have small kids) to the nearest restaurant. We walked but ended up in knee deep mud in an unmarked building site. What can I say, keep to the road, especially in the dark!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank YBOD98
Rincon,GA (near Savannah)
Reviewed March 19, 2011

I am here now and I have a small child that I am trying to entertain. Besides the pool, there is nothing for her to do. They have no channels for children (no Nick or Disney) and my internet connection keeps failing (they have to keep resetting the router). I am trying to work while my husband digs for rocks and keep my daughter busy. Since I am unable to do this then we will not be coming back. The hotel is old but kept up and the staff is nice but it takes more than that to bring me back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank 68fastback
Dreieich, Germany
Reviewed August 11, 2010

We stayed 2 nights in the Hotel after a 10 hour trip from Germany.
Nice location and helpfull staff.Espacially Diana was very helpfull with her tips about what to do and where to eat .Once more,thank you for your help.We will come back next year.Hope to see you all soon.
Peter and family.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank ppb-reichelt
Atanta, GA
Reviewed April 19, 2010

We stay at the Holiday Inn Express line of hotels a fair amount. There are sometimes they are overpriced for the location, but for the most part, are always a good option. This hotel was no exception. Everything was clean, the service was very good and the rooms were just what you would expect. We always enjoy the breakfast the next morning. I don't think this one had the new bedding system in place. That would be my only complaint, the beds just did not seem as nice as some others we have stayed at.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Skyarrow1
Manchester, NH
Reviewed December 13, 2009

For a Holiday Inn Express, the room was fantastic. Decent beds, lots of space, and very clean. Even the hotel hallways were spotless. The staff was friendly enough. The location is good - if you by chance need to be in La Grange KY as we were. The hotel was very quiet at night. All of this for a very reasonable price. I would not think twice about booking this place again.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple