“Big Sam's is the real deal.”
Review of Big Sam's BBQ - CLOSED

Big Sam's BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Big Sams is a local place for great BBQ with a relaxed and very casual, playful atmosphere. daily specials on BBQ ,Lo-Country boil,Catfish,Hand made Grilled Burgers,and some of the best sauces you will ever put in your mouth.Portions are plentiful and Big Sam always makes time to visit, always good music and something fun to watch on the big screens.
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This almost feels like cheating..Since I moved back home Sam has become a friend and eating here is like an extension of eating at home. It's a great place to hang out, have a drink, socialize and of course EAT! Bring your appetite cause Sam can burn. I come from a family of great Bar B Que cooks and my grandmother used to own a restaurant. Sam does it right. He cares about the food he serves his customer's and their experience.

The Brunswick stew is to rave about if you haven't had any. It just tastes like love. Great balance of veggies, broth and flavor. The Que...man! Tender, juicy & flavorful brisket doesn't even need sauce. The potato salad is outstanding. I love the chicken quarter and I have it often. I have traveled all over the U.S. and no one does it better than Sam. if you ever have any issues (which I doubt you will) bring it to Sam's attention and he will make it right. I gotta go this review has make me hungry....off to Sam's I go!

1  Thank iceman810
There are newer reviews for Big Sam's BBQ

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Last night I had big Sam’s Rib plate and it was lip smacking good. I had the Brunswick stew and the homemade baked potato salad. No joke, it was the best Potato salad I have ever had. The Ribs were fall off teh bone tender and Oh my, please try the white sauce, its awesome. I also tried to smoked sausage and I will tell you this. I will go back again just for that. It was amazing and seasoned just right. The atmosphere there is very playful and friendly and you feel at home the moment you walk in. ..
Midge Stephens
Hogansville, Ga.

2  Thank Bernice S
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Living in the metronome Atlanta area good bbq is hard to find. I found Big Sam's when traveling. Loved it so much that I made a trip to pick up 2 Boston butter for an event that I had this past weekend. Everyone lived them. I highly recommend. Big Sam's..

2  Thank Amanda C
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I found out about Big Sam's quite by accident. It's located on a side street not far from the LaGrange College "Callaway Campus".
Big Sam is a great pitmaster.The barbeque was completely out of the ordinary. I only had time to enjoy the ""Big Sam-mich for $5.50 along with a side of their house greens. It was all very good.
Big Sam is larger than life and I certainly plaan on coming back when my travels bring me back to LaGrange.

2  Thank bookitnow
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

The food was great and the atmosphere and service were outstanding. Sam makes sure his customers are completely satisfied.

2  Thank Hwy90