“I agree with Birdie, below, Hwy 29 location better for families”
Review of Hog Heaven - CLOSED

Hog Heaven
Reviewed April 2, 2013

There are two locations in Lagrange. I have eaten at both many times. Last night, we went to the Hwy 29, the original location. The service was the best I have had in a long time. Devin, our server, was absolutely fantastic. And she said we caught her on a bad day! The manager/owner came around a couple of times to check on us. Portions were big, sides fantastic. I had the ribs and BBQ chicken combo, potato salad and baked sweet potato. I barely touched my food. The kids love the peanuts on the table. They were given piggy coloring sheets and crayons. We felt at home and well taken care of. For the first time in a very long time, we felt the food and service was worth the price. We purchased the hamburger steak plate to go, and my daughter who got off work late said it was the best she has ever eaten.
Now as far as the Layayette Pkwy location, which is closer to the Interstate, motels and shopping, it does have a more bar feel to it. The service nor the food seems as good to me. And if you go in the evening, you will hear the ruckus at the bar which is not as cozy as the Hwy 29 location. If you want to go orders, they have specials through the week that heat up well.

2  Thank Saundra O

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Just didn't enjoy the food one bit! Seemed as though they were trying to get rid of some sauce ,as it was poured way too thick. The taste of the pork was not good.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Thought we would try this place for dinner tonight, since we have been eating mostly seafood the past week in Destin. We had the beef brisket, which wasn't all that bad, but I guess I am spoiled to brisket Memphis style. Service was good and the waitress was friendly. I would probably eat here again if I am ever down this way and craving barbeque.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

The BQ is just okay - a little fatty. The vegetables are good. No green in the salads. The original location on West Point Rd has a good family BQ atmosphere. The second location on LaFayettePkwy is terrible unless you just want to go to a bar. I took a friend there with her 3 young children on Sat. at 4 pm for dinner. The hostess took her time talking to someone at the bar & then told us there was a wait. There were very few people there! All the tables in the dining area were pulled together in the back of the room where a bunch of young people were hanging out. It looked like we were in a bowling alley & just needed the bowling ball to roll at the tables. Well, we ended up waiting a total of 70 mins before our food was served. I wouldn't have waited that long except I really like the owner, the kids wanted to wait and I kept thinking the food is coming. I will not go back!!!!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Huge, gigantic burger. Baked sweet potato to die for. Good salads, good service, hard-working folks. Very consistent product.