“That old cheap lodge”

Econo Lodge Cumberland
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We must not expect the miracles when we were looking for the cheapest place to spend the night. However, cleanliness should not necessarily come for the price. The room smelled off and so did linens. The AC controls were faded off. Overall OK but would not go again for sure.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank senseofhumour

Reviewed December 26, 2011

The hotel has good curve appeal and the desk clerk was professional and courteous. It's convenient to I-95 with restaurants, gas stations, etc., near by. On the down side, I was very disappointed that the hotel didn't honor my coupon from the December 2011 - 'travel coupon' book! The room appeared to be clean but I did find hair on the tub walls, some sort of stains on the sheets, and a horrible stench. I'm sure the cleanliness is usually good. They mislead you with the continental breakfast. Its juice or coffee, cereal, toast, etc.

I would give this hotel a second chance before I ruled this location off my list.

NOTE: I travel on a budget and lodge in hotels that are less expensive than 5-star hotels. Generally speaking, I'm not sure how often bed spreads are cleaned, if they put on a new roll of toilet paper, if they change unused guest towels, and it's hard to find a hotel, in this classification, that doesn't have some sort of a stench, as a result I have learned to travel with Lysol disinfectant spray and Lysol 4-in-1 cleaner.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 9, 2011

This facility is very convenient to I-95 near the Florida border. It is close to a Cracker Barrel restaurant and gas stations. The amenities are minimal but it is comfortable. The staff was helpful and supportive. I am planning my next trip to Homestead Florida and plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Raymond H
Reviewed June 16, 2009

would not stay anywhere eles. the staff is very helpful and will work hard to help you find anything you need. I did ask when are they going to put pillow top beds in. I like them. The stay is the way thing should be and the friendly staff make it better.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank wgptw
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Found them in a coupon book. Upgraded to a king on the first floor for just $3. Comfy bed, room smelled great (my wife is asthmatic, so we can detect immediately when it has been smoked in). Personnel is super friendly and accommodating. Great location. We will be returning for sure. Only thing: on the continental breakfast, not much there: I suggest danishes.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank atdutchtreat
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I have always had a great stay at the Kingsland Econolodge .Raj and Lata are really good at making a good stay possible. They have a very good and always helpful staff,and do an excellant job in their duties.The outside of the motel is always neat and clean

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank pawpawjoe
Reviewed May 28, 2009

This was a great place for its price....I have not come across more freindly people like this..I would suggest this place to anybody for over night stop..Very helpful...

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled solo