“You get what you pay for!!”

Econo Lodge Cumberland
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Reviewed December 27, 2007

We decided to stay here because it was cheap. I read reviews and felt comfortable that it would be a good place to stop for just one night. We were traveling back from Florida and didn't arrive until about 10pm and we checked out the following morning.

First, let me start with the positives: 1.) location was perfect. It was right over the Georgia border and very easy to locate at night. 2.) The check-in process was easy enough but I was told that I had paid too much money because I booked through Travelocity - paid $60 when he said that if I had called hotel directly, I would have paid $49. Not sure if that is true or not but honestly, even if I had only paid $49 I still don't think I would have felt like I got my money's worth.

Now with the negatives: 1.) This place was dirty. Dirty is really not the correct word for this place - FILTHY is more like it. The curtains had holes and as the morning sun came through the holes, you just couldn't help but wonder what little creature had made its lunch out of those gross curtains. 2.) The bathroom was nasty - the floor and the shower had "growth". 3.) The walls are paper-thin. We could hear the party going on outside as well as the neighbors slamming the doors. 4.) We lost power when we ran two hairdryers, a light, and the television all at the same time! And of course, no one answered the phone at the front desk and I had to get dressed and run down and personally ask for someone to get the power turned back on. I must say though that the young man at the front desk did get it taken care of within 5 minutes so that was very much appreciated.

Overall, I was just really disappointed. I did not have too high of expectations of the Econolodge but I did expect to find a place clean enough for my two kids to get a nice night's sleep on our way home from Florida and this is absolutely not what I found.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank Gvllgirl

Reviewed March 27, 2007

Price was excellent.
Staff was very very friendly
Room was comfortable and clean and QUIET
Free continental breakfast was pretty skimpy
I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: March 2007
2  Thank milllberry
Reviewed January 19, 2007

We used this hotel as a quick pitstop on our way to Florida. Since we were arriving late and leaving early so we were just looking for a cheap clean hotel and this is what we got.

The room was clean, the bed were ok, overall it did the job.

If you don't want to spend too much this is the best deal in the area.

I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank Marco
Reviewed May 2, 2006

When pulling into the parking lot, the first thing I noticed was that the building was modern and freshly painted, and the landscaping was neatly done.

Our room was a decent size. We requested a king room with a sofa/sitting area, and a room that was nonsmoking and not near a stairwell or ice machine. All of our requests were honored. The room was spotlessly clean with no noticeable odors. It was also pleasantly decorated, not outdated at all. Not fancy, either, but still tasteful. The room had cable with HBO and a large selection of cable channels, not the 13 channel mess that you'll find with some motels. Also, there was a great guest services guide in the room. The management apparently put a lot of effort into creating their own guide... it listed everything you could possibly think of that you might need, from churches to auto mechanics to channel listings to food delivery numbers.

This motel offered a continental breakfast of cereals, donuts, and juice. Again, nothing fancy. I was surprised that there was a free breakfast at all, given this was an Econolodge! If you are looking for a large "free" breakfast, pay fifty dollars more and stay at the Hampton Inn.

This motel was located in between 2 truck fuel centers (several hundred yards), but I never heard any noise once inside the room. We stayed here the night before we left for Cumberland Island and it took us about 15 minutes to get to the St. Mary's waterfront from our room.

This Econolodge was terrific for the price. I would not hesitate to stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2006
3  Thank dpladyreed
Reviewed April 22, 2006

Smelly, dirty carpet and bathroom, needs urgent renovation. Asked for a non-smoking beddroom and got a smoking one, asked for another bedroom and there wasn't any other available. Breakfeast is very poor at the hotel so eat outside.

Reviewed July 8, 2005

Stayed for one night on our way to Fort Myers Beach. The room was clean and well maintained. Front desk staff very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2005
4  Thank ccnanny
A TripAdvisor Member
Boston, MA
Reviewed November 27, 2004

Great inexpensive motel. Super nice and helpful
staff, from management, desk clerks, and maids. Clean and well cared for. Highly recomend
for travelers with or without kids.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member