“Kingsland, GA”

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Kingsland, GA”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Great place to stay, very easy to get to and its about half way for us to Florida and its a quick drive to Folkston, GA where we love to watch the trains. Staff was very friendly and the hotel was very clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
hikingslandga, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsland, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
On behalf of the staff here in Kingsland, we would like to thank you for taking the time to give us a review about your stay. We are glad to see you were staisified with you accommodations. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bohemia, New York
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Hotel needs a water purification system unless you like the rotten egg smell. Breakfast leaves a lot to be desired. Upon arrival I was told by the desk clerk that I was to be put in a room with 2 double beds. I told her the reservation was for a king non smoking but she insisted I book 2 doubles. I had my PRINTED conformation of the room I booked thru Hampton Inn.com but she would not even look at it till I insisted she do so. Very annoying after spending 9.5 hours on the road to get to this destination. We will Never stay at this Hampton Inn again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Judy M
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on trip advisor, We do apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay, in your review you spoke about the smell of the water that smell is sulfur, we do have a purifiing system at the property but our water comes from the city and the systems will not pull all odors from the water. Also you stated that you didnt get room type that you requested but you stayed in a King Non Smoking as you had booked. Again thank you for your review.
Dunbar, West Virginia
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We have stopped at this hotel every year for the past 3 years as an overnight on our way to Florida. Every year the quality of this place has been the same -- great. The room is clean and comfortable and there is a microwave and refrigerator. There are an IHOP and Popeye's Chicken close by, and a lot of other restaurants within a short driving distance.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
hikingslandga, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsland, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
On behalf of the staff here in Kingsland. We would like to thank for taking the time to give us a review about your stay. We strive to make sure all our guest are happy with their accommodations during your stay. We are thank you for being a return guest and look forward to seeing you again next year or sooner. Thank you again.
Florida
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I have over 1 million points with Hilton.I was checked in by a blonde tatooed/pierced front desk agent. This doesnt give off a good image as a representative of Hampton or Hilton. Very distasteful. I asked if there were any upgrades available and was told "No,you have already been upgraded". I'm not stupid, I spend over 150 nights per year in hotels, the room I reserved is what I was given; 2 doubles. I then decided to ask for a bottle of water (since they display it on the front desk). I was promptly told "No, you chose to have 250 points instead of the snack"....Ok well screw you too !! This hotel needs to lose that tatooed front desk girl and recognize Hilton's most loyal customers. There are plenty of other hotels within walking distance that I will chose to stay at next time in Kingsland GA. Oh and the hotel itself is good, typical what you would expect from Hampton Inn, so no complaints about the property itself.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Dave S
hikingslandga, Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsland, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on trip advisor, I have reviewed your comments and looked into the issues you stated. As a Diamond we do recognize you as a valued customer, and we would have been more than happy to upgrade your room on during your stay, I do apologize but on that night we were completely booked and had no suites available. As for the snack and water, per your profile you selected the bonus points. As for the clerk that checked you in she is no longer an employee. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.
North Babylon, New York
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stay the Hamptons and Hiltons most of the time, unfortunately this Hampton had a horrible complementary breakfast. No fruit, No bread, stale coffee and hot water for tea was cold. The
staff was nice, good resturants in the area and room ws quite

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John S
Elyria, Ohio
Reviewed January 14, 2013

As hotel chains go, I like the Hampton Inn brand. They tend to have nice comfortable rooms and a decent free breakfast which is nice when traveling with family. However, my experience at this Hampton Inn was less than acceptable. The room was fine, we got a suite, which was very large and comfortable, though I don't understand the exposed bathroom design which kept everyone up while it was being used by others.
My real displeasure was with the lady running the breakfast room. We slept in a little and I didn't get down to the breakfast area until about half way through the allotted eating time. I was looking to have the hot oatmeal and when I got there, the container was empty, except for some drips and drabs. I went and found the attendant in the adjoining kitchen and told her the container was quite empty...and she was rather sarcastic, " Oh, really?" She then came out and got the container and brought it back into the kitchen. I waited about 20 minutes for her to come out with a fresh batch...but it never appeared. When I went to the kitchen to check, I saw she had simply cleaned it out and those of us who hadn't come down in the first hour and a half weren't going to get any oatmeal. I felt like one of the Three Bears, returing home to say, "And somebody took away my oatmeal and I'll never get any!"
When you pay up a bit to stay in a nice place, it would be great if you could coexist with a staff that understands they're there to make your stay a pleasent one. This woman could use a little attitude adjustment.
Finally decided to just take advantage of the travel bags they offer when you're heading out and don't have time to eat in and found they didn't have any at this Hampton.
This is only the second substandard stay I've had at a Hampton Inn...and nowhere near as bad as our attempted stay at their hotel in Pittsburgh where they "lost" our reservation, but it was enough to send us out looking for other brands to try on the rest of our trip.
Others seemed to have been okay here...but I wouldn't recommend it based on our exerience. I didn't, but should have talked to a manager while I was there, so I have to take some of the blame for not making that effort.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank wamrazing
hikingslandga, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsland, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to my attention. I do apologize for our breakfast attendant not helping you and promptly bringing out more oatmeal, this is not up to my standards and I have talked to her about the issue. As for the togo bags if there were none out at that time my staff would have been more than happy to get you one. Thank you again and rest assured this issue will be taking care of.
North Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is always are layover when were heading back to FL from Philadelphia. The hotel is always clean and the people are always friendly. In a good locations where you could always fine a good place to eat.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple