“Good Night's Stay”

Hampton Inn Kingsland
Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My family stayed at this hotel while returning home from a vacation in Florida this June. We didn't have a reservation and we checked in after midnight with no problems. The hotel was clean and appeared to be relatively new. We basically just needed a place to lay our heads for the night and get a quick breakfast and we had no complaints.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
hikingslandga, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsland, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. On behalf of the staff we are glad that you had a good stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Kingsland

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

I arrived here for a business trip expecting to be welcomed as a new guest but had a difficult time with the check-in process. I felt very unwelcome here. There were two young ladies who were at the front desk. One was friendly and the other one was very rude and disrespectful to me. She did not believe me when I told her I was there on business and did not want to take my credit card. She said a lot of people are abusing the government rate. I am still giving the hotel a good rating since all of the other staff were nice and friendly to me during my stay there. She ended up taking my card but made it clear to me that it was only for this stay. I have never had this problem at the other two Hamptons I have stayed for business.

• Stayed: October 2012
hikingslandga, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsland, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. I can assure you that we will address this with our staff members, and we don’t suspect this being an issue again in the future. It is our policy for the Per Diem that you must have government ID, pay with government credit card or have travel orders for this rate due to the amount of government business we do here in kingsland. I have addressed this issue with my staff. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a great stay. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you will come back and stay with us again

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was returning from a business trip to Florida and stopped here at around 9:00 pm. I did not have reservations (having been in the car all day), but I asked the clerk to give me my company's corporate rate. She did not know how to get the rate entered and asked me to resolve it in the morning with the day clerk. The day clerk entered the rate, but it did not update on my bill and I was charged the higher rate. When I called the hotel to get this corrected, the person who answered refused to identify himself by name, or give me his email address (so I could send the documentation) but said, "I am the manager". He refused to honor the corporate rate because I was a "walk-in" and ignored a request sent by the Hilton Honors Desk to resolve the issue.

I remember exactly nothing about the hotel itself; I was there less than 12 hours. I can't comment on anything except the disappointing treatment a Hilton Diamond Member of longstanding received. Under no circumstances will I ever return to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Annual_Skier
hikingslandga, Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsland, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry our policy did not meet your needs. However, I would like to apologize for the level of service that you received from our staff members. Your comments will help us to improve our policies and better serve our guests in the future. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I've stayed in many Hampton Inns and this is a nice one. It is a newer one so it's decorating and design of the hotel is fresh and new. Bed sizes for two beds in a room are queen size. The exercise room is average. It has three items to use. A bike, eliptical and a tread mill. There are also a few free weights, but smaller weights nothing that any weight lifter would fine as adequet. The breakfast is pleasant as far as "free" breakfasts go. There are many items to pick from so your sure to find something to suit everyones needs. The one thing we like about this hampton inn is the location of the hotel, it has a Cracker Barrel directly next to the hotel, so when we pull in after a long day on the road, we don't have to get back in the car to go get something to eat, we can just walk over.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
hikingslandga, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kingsland, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times and each has always been a really treat. Nice CLEAN rooms, great friendly staff and very close to plenty of places to eat. Especially enjoyed the home made cookies they put out in the evenings. Highly Recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We stayed for one night and arrived around 5 pm.
Our check in clerk was a very nice, friendly young woman who offered us a choice of being close to the elevator or a little ways from it. The front lobby was very clean, stocked with cookies, tea and coffee.
We were given a room on the second floor a little further from the elevator. It didn't appear that any of the rooms would be uncomfortably far from the elevator but it did ensure us a good nights sleep away from other guests who might check in a bit later.
The room temperature was set at a comfortable setting with the A/C being quiet and the room very clean. The bathroom was well stocked with toilet paper, towels and toiletries and the water pressure was great!
There really isn't much by way of a view anywhere at this hotel but I still really liked it. It was clean, quiet and close to restaurants and gas stations.
There is a type of police station or training camp right in front of the hotel so I guess in a way that adds a little extra sense of security for some folks, even though the area itself appears quite nice.
If you'd like a nice stay in a quiet hotel in a not so congested area, the Hampton Inn Kingsland would be a great choice. I would without a doubt stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Adventurelover67
Reviewed May 17, 2012

When we travel to a new city we have a short list of hotels we know are always good places to stay.
This was no exception, the hotel is clean, it is located right in the middle of all the attractions we wanted to see, and the price was comparable to the other hotels in the area.
The rooms are quiet, very little noise bleeding over from adjacent rooms. Nice large bathroom with a huge shower (no tub), beds are fairly comfortable for hotel beds. We'll likely stay there again when we visit Kingsland/St Mary's.

• Stayed: May 2012