“Nice!”

Best Western Plus Kingsland
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Best Westerns vary, usually to the good, and so it is with this one. I'm not overly concerned with decor and the like, so long as I sleep well, and I did. The front desk, both shifts, was friendly and pointed me to fresh chocolate chip cookies. Breakfast, of the hotel variety, had hot options. Best of all was the walk-in shower. France L says it was large. Large? It was tremendous! I had such a good shower I wanted to run outside and roll around in dirt so I could justify taking another one! Also, the sink drain stayed plugged and the lights all worked. Although near the Interstate, I heard no noises, and the area has plenty of restuarants, Applebees being just two doors down. I recall tasteful enough decor, but once the lights are out, that doesn't concern me. More expensive than a budget hotel/motel but still under $100.

Room Tip: Shoot, they're all likely to be good.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank GarthG51

Reviewed November 27, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank LoveItInSolanaBeach
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed at the Best Western Plus over the Thanksgiving Holiday while visiting family in Kingsland. Hotel was spotless, Room was always cleaned, staff helpful and very friendly. Anything we needed they were there for us. It was quiet. I was so impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel as well as the comfort of the bed.
Breakfast was set up daily. Being a diabetic I would have liked to seen less sugared cold cereals but it was more then your basic danish and coffee and juice.
I will always stay at this hotel when visiting again.
I used my AARP and got a great rate,

Room Tip: they chose our room, we were on bottom floor and it was quiet, we had no problems at all
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank RSemonco
Reviewed November 19, 2012

We have stayed in Kingsland, GA many times on are way to are Hollywood, FL home. But this Best Western stay was the best. Nice very clean room and bathroom with a large walk in shower. We will stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank France L
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This hotel has recently been renovated we could not find a fault in the establishment if we tried, all the staff from front desk reception to cleaning staff when encountered were more than willing to be polite informative if asked on local points of interest or in just general conversation. The room we had was exstremely clean comfortable and quite and we would recommend this hotel for either a rest stop while travelling 95 or a few days to view the inrteresting area especially St Mary's and the island

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bwcle
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This was a nice place if you are passing through and need a clean, affordable place to stop. The location is close to the interstate, without being so close that noise would ever be an issue. There are several eating choices around and seemed to have plenty of parking. The lobby was modern and the fresh, hot cookies were a nice treat. The room was small, but manageable for two people. I would not have wanted to have more than two in a room, though - just too tight for that. Despite the size, the room was in good condition and had a well thought out use of space. It seemed clean and noise was not an issue for us. I liked being on the first floor, but also having an inside entrance with key card access. It makes you feel safer than those outside door places.

My only disappointment was at check in. The staff was friendly but the wait was sooo long. I arrived just behind a large group who were staying for several weeks, working at a nearby military base. They were checking in and bringing large amounts of bags and boxes in. I was staying one night. It took over 30 minutes to check in. I wish there had been a way to check in without having to wait for this huge group with extended living concerns. A second desk clerk would have been a huge help. I guess if I could have arrived 20 minutes earlier it would have been different, but either way, 30 minutes is a long wait just to get a room key!

Room Tip: First floor is the most convenient, just know that they are small.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KSC77
BWPGMKingsland, Manager at Best Western Plus Kingsland, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for your stay with us and your review of our property. We apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced during check-in. Guest satisfaction is our hotel's priority; therefore, I have brought your comments to our hotel team to make sure we adjust our staffing levels at peak check-in times. We would love the opportunity to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way to Orlando. Hotel was clean and comfortable. We would definitely stay here again when passing through. Staff was very friendly. We didn't stay for breakfast, but it was setup and the food looked good.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family