“A big disappointment”

Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
sarasota, Fl
“A big disappointment”
Reviewed November 21, 2010

Name of hotel very misleading. Were told it had been bought & redone & that this was day of opening up again. We have always stayed at that motel since they built it brand new & have never been so disappointed. Mattresses terrible. Smell of chemicals & urine on opening door was horrible-couldn't breathe. Left door open & turned on A/C to try to get rid of smell. Helped some but during night was terrible. left a/c on high all night-never once cooled down room. Horrible night. Lights not working in bathroom or in table area. If not so tired & exhausted would have gone to different motel. We will never go there again. Still not sure why, but they told us we had to pay cash up front for my 2 dogs, but did not put it on bill.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank sarasota_FlBadmotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 6, 2007

I have stayed here twice now, most recently in March on my way up to NY from Florida, and each time I was pleasantly suprised. It is convient off of I-95 and the exit is packed with plenty of restaurants, a nice gas station selection, including one with a large gift shop, and plenty of hotels to stay at. The Best Western made check in a breeze, and offered free cookies at the front desk. They also include free high speed internet with the room fee, which was around $55. The breakfast filled me up, included was coffee, juice, milk, doughnuts, bagels, scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, so yeah I was loving that lol! I'd recommend this hotel to anyone, the room was basic and it was clean, not a Hilton but def not a Motel 6

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Internet was not working
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rutland, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 25, 2007

Let me start by saying that I have been using this hotel as a stop-over to Orlando since 1995. I'm sad to say that what was once my favorite place to stay is no longer. This little BW is showing its' age. Check-in was easy, the staff as polite as always. When we entered our room there was an immediate ordor of a strong dissinfectant. Later I realized that someone had spilled some kind of cologne or aftershave on the carpet and this was an attempt to cover it up. The bathroom was moldly and had cracked and missing tiles, and the refrigerator wasn't working, something I didn't realize until the morning. This BW will need major upgrades and repairs before I'll ever consider a return visit.

• Liked — When I left
  • Disliked — Sadly, almost everything!
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank shadowryter

Travelers are raving about these Kingsland hotels

Boca Raton, FL
Reviewed June 26, 2006

This hotel had good reviews and rated 3 stars in AAA, so we booked the family suite for one night in June 2006. The hotel is clean, roomy and close to the highway, but so are the other hotels just next door. When we arrived, the air was shut off in the room. It was a large room, so it took about 3 hours to get rid of the musty smell. The room was reserved for 6 of us, but I still had to make 3 trips to the front desk for the correct linens as none were provided for the sofa bed. I had to make the trips because no one was answering the phone. At this point I was disappointed, but still hopeful. Then we all put on our swim suits and marched down to the pool. Drained almost dry. The green color of the remaining water says it had been this way for a while. The mattresses were hard as rocks. The room looks like it was freshly painted and then all the old furniture including those old mattresses were put back in. The pull out bed was sagging and out of shape. We ended up 3 in a double bed because it was that bad!
Breakfast the next moring was going to make it all worthwhile. NO. Generic cereal, white toast and generic donuts. What happened? I was so careful to check the reviews. If everything else is booked, this place is clean but those other hotels had working pools and efficient front desk help. Stay some where else. This is at most a 2 star place.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank floridadream
Reviewed June 27, 2005

Stayed overight on the way back to Florida. Convenient location to I-95 and restaurants, gas stations,etc. Clean and comfortable room with all necessary ammenities. Great breakfast!

• Stayed June 2005
2 Thank rpsv
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 29, 2005

Me and my wife were going to disneyworld so we needed a place to stay. We were going to stay at another hotel but they were full. Check-in was a brezze and the room were nice and it looked brand new. The breakfast was a great selection with eggs, biscuits, bacon, assorment of muffins and donuts and juice. The price that we paid was 84.50 which was high but what to do expect when it is the easter weekend and spring break. There is alot of great resurants you can walk to we ate at this little Italian place which was very good. Overall a great stay. I Recommend the Best Western at Kingsland Georgia

• Stayed March 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 1, 2004

We stayed here on our way to FL in April and it was very clean and nice. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great stay at a great price.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member