“Clean and in a good location.”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kingsland
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
GreenLeadersGold level
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Clean and in a good location.”
Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is clean with really good beds. We paid with cash but had to give them our credit card. If you drank the bottled water your card would be charged $3,i have never stayed any where that charged for water. The. Breakfast was also very limited. But its a good over night stop for anyone visiting saint marys .

• Stayed June 2012
MTKingslandGA, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kingsland, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at Microtel Inn & Suites! I apologize for any inconvenience the $3.00 charge for the water may have caused you. The Smart Water's are in each guest room, and there is a label on them, stating if consumed, there will be a $3.00 charge. If you call the hotel, I would be more than happy to reverse that $3.00 charge for you!! Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Saint Marys, Georgia, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I moved from San Diego to the Kingsland area, I booked a room at Microtel Inn & Suites Kingsland, because of the price and stayed because of the service. I had intended on only being there for 6 nights, until I could find a rental in the area and ended up extending my stay for 3 more nights. The room was clean and quiet, I enjoyed the extended television service and the free internet. The staff was kind and courteous, Susan, Michelle and Melanie made me feel like I was at home.

Room Tip: Book ahead online for better values
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us at Microtel Inn & Suites, Kingsland, GA! Thank you very much for all of the wonderful comments, it is greatly appreciated. We hope you stay with us again in the future when you return to Kingsland, GA! Have a great day!
Dartford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed overnight in a king suite. Bed was comfy. The decor was a bit shabby and there were some nasty stains on chairs and carpets. The shower head was hanging out of the wall and there was no plug in the wash hand basin. It is situated behind an El Cheapo gas station and the entrance is not well signposted and can be easily missed. Plenty of chain restaurants closeby. The breakfast was adequate and comprised cereals, yoghurt, bagels, muffins, bread for toast, waffle maker and was presented nicely. The staff were efficient and friendly. On the whole it was reasonable value for money but could be improved.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
MTKingslandGA, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kingsland, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at Microtel Inn & Suites on your recent visit to Kingsland, GA! Thank you for letting us know about the carpet, as that is being worked on in all of our rooms. We value each and every guest and we hope to see you again in the future! Have a great day!
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
Reviewed May 30, 2012

i had stayed at this hotel in the past so when we traveled back to kingsland, with my wife and kids we decided to stay at the microtel again. we loved it the staff were all friendly knowlegable. what evere we needed or wanted they were there to help. two of the staff were the best both michelle and melinie were the most helpful, always a great smile and great southern hospitality. the rooms were clean and nice. breakfast was great and my kids loved the cookies and nachos and night. when you travel with kids it saves alot on the food bill. i would recomend this hotel to anyone who is traveling to kingslabd

Room Tip: we had a room at the end of the hall with the stairwell on the bed side so we never heardany noise a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us at Microtel Inn & Suites on your recent visit to Kingsland, GA! Thank you for you wonderful comments, they are greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Kingsland, GA!
Fort Myers FL
Reviewed May 29, 2012

As soon as we entered the lobby of Microtel we realized it was going to be a great stay. Desk clerk Melanie was way over the top trying to give us the best available room which we had booked online. She sure takes her job seriously. The room had fluorescent lighting the entire length of the room behind the beds and the wall covered with mirrors. Very nice. There was nachos and cheese and chocolate chip cookies available in the lobby. Great breakfast! We definately will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Kingsland, GA! We appreciate all of your wonderful comments, and are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again in the future! Have a great day!!
Norfolk, VA
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

I stay at this hotel every time I go to visit my children in Orlando Florida. I've been staying here for the past 3 years and I am thoroughly impressed with the service that I have been provided by from both Melanie and Michelle. These two ladies go out of their way to make me feel comfortable during my stay. The hotel is incredibly clean and the rooms are nice and quiet. I highly recommend this hotel hands down!!!!!!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us at Microtel Inn & Suites on your recent trip to Kingsland, GA! Thank you for all of your wonderful comments. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again on your next visit to Kingsland, GA! Have a great day!
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I book my hotel online thru travelnow.com and verified that my room would be available after 6pm. I was notified that my room will be there upon arrival. After driving 17 hours, I get to the hotel just for the two ladies to say they ran my credit card at 6pm and it was declined so they gave my room away. Now i'm very upset. I made special notes that I will be using my credit card just to secure the room and I will be paying cash upon arrival. I arrived before 10pm and was told they attempted to charge card at 6pm and since it was declined they gave my room away. And the lady went on and said she tried to call me. I told her no she didn't and to give me the telephone number she dialed. They was calling someone totally different and from a different state. I showed them my reservation that I printed with my number on there. The clerk still didn't know what to say about calling the wrong person. She contacted manager and of course Sally was no help either. I stay at Microtel's all the time and have never experienced this problem. I stayed at this same location in April and checked in after 9pm and payed cash upon arrival and they never ran my credit card at 6pm. I am disappointed in the company and the staff. This was handled very unprofessional and they didn't offer help or solution to the problem. After 17 hours and no room I was very upset. Its Memorial weekend and my daughters graduation and now no where to stay. I will not stay at this location ever again especially since neither clerk offered to help me find another room. They only said what do I want the hotel to do they don't have any rooms. Unprofessional and I will be telling my Corporate account holders and friends not to stay at this location.

Room Tip: Make sure you check in before 6pm or they will cancel your reservations.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Charmane M
MTKingslandGA, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kingsland, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor. I wanted to apologize for any inconvenience when you were here this past weekend. Your reservation was guaranteed with a credit card. Our hotel policy states that guests have until 6pm the day of the reservation to cancel. In order to accommodate people wit their schedules, the credit card companies have allowed you, as a credit card holder, to guarantee your room reservations with a valid & active credit card. By using your credit card to guarantee your room reservation, this enables the hotel to "authorize" your check in at 6pm, if the guest has not cancelled, and you can even pay cash upon arrival, or change credit cards upon arrival or check-out. Since the card was not valid when we tried to authorize your card, we were forced to cancel the reservation at 7pm. We also apologize that we did not have any other rooms available, as we were sold-out all weekend. Once again I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. We hope to see you again in the future.