“No problems, good night sleep, great value.”

Kingsland Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Reviewed November 22, 2010

Very nice place. Friendly staff, check in was quick. Room very clean. Comfortable bed. What more could you ask for? All of that for a great price! Will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 19, 2010

Just back from a great weas stay in this hotel. I stayed there with quite a few work mates and i think i can safely say we all enjoyed our stay there
the rooms are clean, staff attentive and freindly
I imagine that some night we may have made a bit more noise than most guests, but the staff treated us with kindness and helpfulness at all times.
The complimentary breakfast helped start the day and the pool was very refreshing (if not a bit cold ;-)
I hope they continue providing a great service, it has definately made me consider staying in sleep inns again

Reviewed October 18, 2010

Nothing fancy average hotel ----front desk help nice, I did have one problem with the key to our room but it was finally resolved---breakfast help polite but I do have much to say about the breakfast itself just get you by stuff---the hallways were very hot due to several humidifiers in them I think the hotel must have had some type of leak --there was a slight smell in the rooms ---I am not a big fan of pets being allowed in the rooms because of smells(this hotel does allow pets ) but I do not think that was the case---the beds were pretty good and pillows even better --We slept well

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
sleep_gm, Manager at Kingsland Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and thanks also for taking the time to express your thoughts about your stay with us. I regret that your stay was not up to your standards. I would like to address your concerns and hope that other readers of the reviews for our hotel will consider them as a whole before coming to any conclusion.

Dehumidifiers - necessary evil to deal with the extreme humidity in our coastal location. And last summer was hotter and more humid than any we have experienced.

Pets - we allow pets only in a handful of rooms, period. If a designated pet room is not available, and a guest with a pet comes in, we will refer the guest to another hotel. We will not compromise on this. Additionally we make it very clear to pet owners that unless their animal is a certified service animal, their pets are not allowed into the public areas of the hotel.

Breakfast - for most roadside inns, the reality is that breakfast is, as you put it, a "get you by" affair, something to tide you over until lunch and to save you the time and expense of having to go to a restaurant to have breakfast.

That said, we offer hot (2 varieties) and cold cereals (4 varieties), 3 varieties of juice, 4 varieties of danish, 2 kinds of muffins, bread (white and wheat), english muffins, bagels, hard boiled eggs, along with hot waffles, biscuits and sausage gravy, and yogurt and fruits and a full suite of condiments, including honey, peanut butter and sugar free syrup.

Unfortunately, it seems more and more, that guest expectations for a hotel breakfast are reaching levels that are frankly, unattainable at the kind of rates that we charge. Would you have paid $20 - $30 more for a breakfast with a wider selection of meats and perhaps scrambled eggs? This is the difference between our rates and those that you pay at hotels in our market that offer what they call a "full hot breakfast". Not that their items are any better - we all buy from the same suppliers. For example, the hard boiled eggs at our hotel are supplied by the same company that supplies eggs to the $100/night hotels on our exit as well as to the the $40/nite hotel next door.

It seems too much to hope for, that when guests pull up to any hotel, their expectations for anything other than the core purpose of a hotel (i.e. to provide a clean, comfortable and safe room and environment for the guest) such as breakfast, should be somewhat tempered by the rate that is being asked. The old "champagne on a beer budget" issue is at play here.

Again thanks for staying with us. We are gratified that you found some aspects of the stay to your liking, such as the beds and pillows, and that you had a good nights sleep.

Sincerely and with best regards,

The Management.
Sleep Inn & Suites - Kings Bay.

Reviewed October 13, 2010

Clean and comfortable. Breakfast was included but limited: waffle maker, toast and oatmeal were the only hot items. pastries, cereal, yogurt balanced it out. Lobby computer and internet access worked okay. Check-in can be a bit slow if staff decides to socialize with even just a single client for a long time. Pool is in gated area in parking lot, not connected to main building. For the price, the hotel is hard to beat.

Reviewed September 28, 2010

I thought the Microtel close by was good value, but for the single traveller, the Sleep Inn at Kingsland is even better. Why ?? Well, because the single rooms are much bigger and better furnished ..................... the breakfast area is bigger ................... the selection more wide ranging ............. and the room price compares well.

The hotel can be tricky to find in the dark after a long journey, but that in no way detracts from an really good value for money stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2010

We got a late start to our honeymoon and we were driving from Ohio to Orlando, Florida. After several hours of driving we decided on a town to stop at not too far away from the Florida border. After reading the review for this hotel we decided to give it a try! The staff is beyond friendly. Honestly, we felt like they were our friends. For breakfast one of the ladies actually came over and made me a waffle. This is unheard of for a self serve breakfast. They were so nice. The room was clean and up to date. I've never stayed at a hotel where we felt so welcome!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2010

I went down to FL with my mom and stayed here for two nights. The people who work here are terrific, especially a woman with blonde hair whose niece was with her. The price was very good considering I had stayed here before and paid more. They have lowered their price for whatever reason and it was $50 per night and they didn't charge you more for the weekend. I went back to FL this time with my husband and we also stayed at the hotel. Everything was more than expected- the bed was comfortable, there was a large refrigerator, microwave, free internet, free breakfast, the rooms were indoors, they had a treadmill that I was able to use that had a tv right near it.

The only thing I did notice (and this is a new hotel) is that things were starting to get a little dirty, for example in the general bathroom I noticed that the grout on the floor was getting quite dirty. Little things were starting to get dirty and I think they should really catch this before it starts because this is such a wonderful property that they should really try to keep it as beautiful as it is. But, no complaints. I will go here on my next trip (we make this trip around four or five times a year to see aging family).

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple