“Suprisingly Nice”

Kingsland Inn & Suites
Ranked #15 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in a king suite and was happy with my stay. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean and it was recently renovated. It came with a sleeper couch, small fridge and small microwave. There was also desk and desk chair. Well-appointed guest room.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed overnight at Sleep Inn on Friday night, May 10th. I was at the half-way point in my trip to Melbourne, Florida, and wanted to spend some time antiquing in St. Mary's, as well.
I had made my reservation in advance, and was provided a very reasonable rate for the night. This included a king-sized bed, (although I did not need one) as well as an expanded continental breakfast that included a good variety of foods.
Upon arrival, I requested information on the antique stores in St. Mary's, as I had not been in that area for several years. The front desk clerk was very gracious and helpful, providing me with directions and information on the locales of the places that I had asked about. She was wonderful.
After a very restful and comfortable night, I stopped at the desk again, after a terrific breakfast, and requested information on directions to Yulee, Florida, another area recommended for antiquing. This clerk took out a map, offering me with a couple of ways of approaching and arriving at Yulee, and was as informative and accommodating as the clerk the previous afternoon.
I cannot say enough about the level of service provided at this motel. The lady who was taking care of the breakfast room and the food, was patient and helpful to all of the people who were eating there. Many of these guests were from other parts of the world, and I felt truly grateful to stay in an American motel that provided such a wonderful impression of American hospitality.

I am planning another stay at this motel next month, bringing along a friend for a longer stay, and, of course, more antiquing!

Room Tip: I don't know about the other rooms; however, I would guess that they were equally comfortable an...
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The great thing about this property is that they are not that far from Cumberland Island. However, there are quite a few hotels in this area to choose from. There are really not enough qualified restaurants in this area. Many fast foods to choose from.

The exterior of property is well manicured and taken care of. The hotels right next to this hotel are owned by the same person.

The interior lobby is rather nice and updated. The person who checked us in, Ta*** was very hospitable and welcoming. The first room we had, the tv was not working on its first five stations. The front desk paged the maintenance. We waited for him for close to ten minutes for an update and she mentioned that he is at another property and has not called her back yet. So, we just asked for another room. These rooms do not have flatscreens. They have the older models. The walls are extremely thin. The beds sit very low to the ground. They do not have pillow top mattresses. The bathrooms seem to be more updated. The sheets appeared to be very clean and they do have WHITE towels. The rooms just seem to be standard. They do have fridge and microwaves in room. However, the coffee and the coffee maker are located in the bathroom.........yuck........not sure why they are not placed on the credenza along with the fridge and microwave. The beds were very uncomfortable.

I went to lobby to use their business center. The computer is located in the lobby. Before I even got around the corner, there was an employee (apparently) at the computer and the person behind the front desk was telling her about her complaints and dissatisfaction with other employees at the hotel. As welll as personal business regarding the young lady who had originally checked us in. (Which I'm not sure would want to be publicized). The employee did promptly get up when she saw that I needed the computer. Which you would think that all conversations should have ceased regarding personal issues concerning other management. But it did not. While on the computer, I learned who was "written up" to other issues that I just did not need to be privy to.

The next morning, at nine A.M. I received a loud bang on the door. It was housekeeping. When housekeeping saw my disgruntled look after opening the door, she just told me to close the door and go back to bed. Really??? After you just woke us up. She says tht she did not think anyone was in the room. I called front desk to complain. Head housekeeper called us back and deflected the whole situation. She said that it was the fault of the person who originally checked us in, that should have noted our issues CLEARLY in the log book. She mentioned that she could not even understand what the front desk person who checked us in had written down. No one seemed to be qualified to explain to us what just happened or why the situation happened with the housekeeper.

Due to the issues, I received half off of the room due to inconvenience. Rhon** (morning front desk) handled the situation very diligently and was very apologetic regarding everything that had occurred. She mentioned that she had related the message to the General Manager, but no phone call or email from him. No surprise!

This was just my personal experience with this hotel. This may not reflect how the overall hotel or customer service is at this Sleep Inn. But I will never reserve a room at sleep inns again. These rooms are recommend for those who are truly on a budget. May not utilize their rooms all day. And they have awesome rates online.

4  Thank Aspertame
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Completely satisfied with our stay. Stayed in an accessible room due to my being on crutches. Room was wonderful. Breakfast was surprisingly good. Will definitely stay here again when returning to Kingsland.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Stayed at Sleep Inn because I went to Cumberland Island. Bring your own pillow because the pillows at Sleep Inn feel like there stuffed with Granny stockings, they were so hard. The walls are thin so you can hear everything in the hallways. They may call it Sleep Inn but don't plan to get a good night sleep. The maids look like they came from a shelter and are madd ghetto. This hotel is in need of a major makeover. Yuk! Had to change my room once and my sister twice.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

This was our second time staying here. It's less than one hour from beautiful Fernandina Beach, conveniently right off I-95, and an excellent price! Plenty of restaurants and shopping, and sightseeing close by.

Room Tip: The best value rooms only had Double beds, so if you want Queen beds you'll have to pay a little...
Reviewed April 26, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com