“SOOOO Tender Brisket”

Willie Jewell's
Ranked #5 of 72 Restaurants in Kingsland
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Jacksonville, Florida
“SOOOO Tender Brisket”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Everyone is friendly. The menu is on the wall and you wait in line(a quick line) to order your food. After ordering you find your table - good mix of booths and tables along with the bar. They bring your food out quite quickly. The brisket was the tenderest I have had in a long time and the quantity was more than I could eat. The pulled pork was great too! This is a keeper!

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Traveler10531558

Anonymous
“Southern Style St. Louis Ribs are Out of This World!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We really had a great meal at Willie Jewell's. It was the day after a diet day, so we did what any red-blooded American would do - we pigged out! Really enjoyed our three appetizers, including deep-fried mushrooms with ranch dipping sauce, mozarella sticks with marinara, and jalapeno poppers with just the right amount of heat.

We followed that with the "Two Meat Combo," which included sausage and beef brisket, and the 6 bones Southern Style St. Louis Ribs. Those ribs were the meatiest and best cooked I've ever had, including my own! And I loved their french fries, which I dipped in all the sauces they had available.

If I had one suggestion for this restaurant, it would be to add the sauces in squirt bottles to the tables. Oh, I forgot to mention Willie Jewell's Famous Grape Juice Lemonade - delicious! And it is all you can drink, so you can get your fill of this sweet and tangy treat. :-9

St. Marys, GA
“"Beef Brisket had Good Flavor"”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Enjoyed my first visit to the new Willie Jewell's BarBQ in Kingsland, Georgia. I loved the location and decor ~ nice place to meet friends and chat over supper in the nice size dining room or on the outdoor patio. I ordered a beef brisket sandwich with one side of potato salad. The gal taking my order did not know much about the menu and just said "I don't know" instead of finding out the answer until I asked her to find out. I got my order to go and she also did not tell me that while I was waiting for the order I could self serve the sauce etc. The sandwich was very flavorful but the bread seemed skimppy ~ not a bun or texas toast ~ more like regular sliced french bread that was toasted. I liked the way the bread was toasted without any butter making it less greasy than other places but would like to see the sandwich on a larger piece of bread. That was my only complaint. I reconized the owner from another local restaurant that he previously owned and I know he will continue to improve on a daily basis with his outstanding management style as seen in his prior establishment. I certainly will put Willie Jewell's on my list of regular eat in or take out. The price was in line with others.

1 Thank loveavacation123
St. Marys, Georgia
“Go the Extra Mile”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

From I-95, exit 3 east it's an extra mile past all the usual national fast food, brand name other restaurants but well worth the little extra gas & time. Willie Jewell's isn't "dining" but an "eating out" place that serves fresh food in quick time for the tired traveler and busy local resident. It's a brand new renovation in III Palms Plaza on the North side of Route 40 that serves delicious Southern barbeque(pork, chicken, turkey, sausage, beef brisket, & St. Louis ribs with traditional favorites like mac n'cheese, baked beans, collard greens, etc. with the efficiency of a Larry's Subs (the owners prior success in Camden County), a "Subway" like operation. The interior has the feel of an old time general store with flat screen tv's on the walls. You can sit at a bar (they have beer and wine) or at tables/booths BUT first you order and pay much like a takeout place. Except your meals are quickly delivered to your table and/or you can help yourself to the soft beverages (beer and wine delivered at the bar). It's a big step up from "fast food" and offers an alternative when you want a good meal out but don't have much time like on your way to the movies. Their "suppers" start at $7.99 and include 2 sides plus I recommend the homemade banana pudding (only $1.49). Takeout and catering are a staple of the business and they feature an $899.99 Feast for 100 of your friends or a redneck wedding.

1 Thank Jon P
Kingsland, Georgia
“B-B-Q DELIGHT”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Readers, as always, our reviews are (solely) based on "our specific" experience & tastes and are (never) intended to persuade/dissuade anyone regarding a specific business.
We recently visited the newly opened Willie Jewell's and were very pleased with our experience. The owner(s) have put much effort into the decor and flow of the restaurant, we were (very much) impressed with their rustic (barn-like) decor, lighting and seating areas, we found it appealing to the eye while being (quite) functional at purpose.
They offer a variety of "southern BBQ" choices, including lunches, dinners, salads and specials, I believe you can also visit www.williejewells.com for their entire menu.
They do have a bar, serving beer & wine I believe and wide-screen TV's are perfectly situated for all to view. Ordering & paying is done when entering, seating is as available. Stations for Drinks and BBQ Sauces (they offer a variety for all tastes) are open for self-serve. Food is delivered by staff to the customers table.
The owner(s) were on-sight and readily available for their customers needs, the staff were (very) friendly and appeared focused on customer satisfaction from what we experienced and saw.
Our choice for lunch was the Beef Brisket & Pork Sandwiches with a side. My Brisket was moist, perfectly cooked and delicious, the Baked Beans were tasty and satisfying. My wife had nothing but praise for her Pork & Slaw choice.
Overall, we were very satisfied with Willie Jewell's food, the service, the staff and the atmosphere. We will (definitely) return again and recommend to our friends.

• Visited December 2012