“a good break”

Springfield Hotel and Suites
Ranked #20 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Reviewed June 16, 2013

For the price we paid, this can't be beat. Average room, nothing fancy, but clean and neat. Nice pool area and lobby. The attached restaurant had a nice crowd for dinner, and good food. Overall for a refurbished 1970's hotel, they have updated it nicely.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My stay was quite comfortable and pleasant. The room was clean, the air conditioning worked well, the staff (especially Terry who checked me in) was pleasant and friendly. I enjoyed a marvelous dinner at the Mill House Restaurant and enjoyed a restful nights sleep on the wonderful bed.
The only down side was there was no tea to be had at breakfast. I am not a coffee drinker, but do need my morning caffeine so was quite disappointed to find out there wasn't a single tea bag to be had and no brewed ice tea available either.
So, my stay was nearly perfect, but not quite.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Room is not as advertised via the pictures. You have to enter the room from the outside like a motel. Terrible odor in the bathroom. Comforter on the bed and look of the room is not as it is shown in the pictures. No flat screen, television is outdated, rooms needs updating. I was totally surprised and disappointed with the Marriott property.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2013

First time at a Springfield Hotel. Won't be my last. I make this trip often and will definitely be booking my stay here in the future. Can't say enough about the friendly staff. I ate dinner and breakfast at the adjacent Millhouse Restaurant and it was fantastic. The floor manager was so helpful in getting my carry out order. Yes, I will be back.

Room Tip: I chose a room that would allow my vehicle to parked near the entrance of my room.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Karen L
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I went to Kingsland for business and stay at this great hotel. Close to everything, enjoyed room service the first time. The food was great. The staff was very friendly. I would love to go back soon and enjoy the area and would stay here again! Great place, great staff, great food and great location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LAH101968
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Everything was amazing when we stayed here on February 17th. We drive thru here once a month and will definitely be staying here every time. The rooms were just remodeled and great. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant attached to the hotel has delicious food which is a major plus because the last thing I want to do is leave the hotel again to eat after driving all day. Thank you for a wonderful experience. Also it is very reasonable to stay here too!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenna O
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The hotel itself is an older hotel. It has doors on the outside, which I prefer, but I know some do not. It was clean. It had a refrigerator as well as a microwave. The t.v. was a decent size set with all the regular cable channels. It has a pool,a putting green, a computer in the lobby, as well as wi-fi being available, with a strong signal, no matter where you are on the grounds. The best part to me was the restaurant it was attached to. The Millhouse is a steakhouse. We have one here locally and it is my favorite restaurant. This one serves breakfast. With each night you get a $10 voucher to eat breakfast. It covers all for one person and put $4 in and two can eat. This isn't your average hotel breakfast. It is very good eating. Steak and eggs. Very good omelets. To sum it up in one sentence the hotel is nice enough that the food would be the tiebreaker if I were choosing between hotels. If you are bothered by an older looking building Springfield it is that. Inside however it is in very good shape. The staff was very helpful. Casey was who I dealt with and she was very polite and helpful. I gave it 5 because I see no reason to take anything off. Picture an older hotel setup. 3 or 4 buildings with 2 floors and ten rooms up each side. I am entering this as part of a promotion they are running but if it deserved a 3 I would give it a 3. The room also lets you control the temperature. I hate some of the newer ones that keep control. If location matters it is the first thing you see as you get off the interstate.

Room Tip: The way the parking lots are set up I don't see any advantage besides being on the ground floor...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family