“We got what we payed for......”

Motel 6 Kingsland - Kings Bay Naval Base
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Got this room because it was cheap and right off of 95.....We were on our way to Disney World from New Jersey and just wanted to get as far as we could the first day so the second day was easy....I reserved this room to make sure I got as far as I wanted.As far as the room goes what can I say.We all survived the nightl lol. Its not a 5 star resort or anything but I suppose it served its purpose of a nights rest and a shower. Not the cleanest place I have ever been too but not the worst either. I think the owner is doing the best with what he has.Restaurants were all very close and access to the highway for the next day were all very convenient.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Peter D
Danny P, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Kingsland - Kings Bay Naval Base, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for your time to write us your review. We are glad you were satisfied with your stay. Yes we are indeed trying our level best to improve in all the departments. Your feedback is very much valuable. Thank you for your business and looking forward to serve you again.

There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Kingsland - Kings Bay Naval Base

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Went there, Guy at the front desk smelled like beer and could barley talk straight, should have left then. But the rate was cheap so I got a double non smoking room, and it smelled like weed and the carpet was dirty. Rooms need to be renovated asap. Got the room changed and in the other room say a couple of roaches. Got a refund and left. Would never go back to this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank clarksharon
Danny P, General Manager at Motel 6 Kingsland - Kings Bay Naval Base, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. I apologise for the inconvienience you had during your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the stay. If there is anything I can do for you, pelase let me know. We would love to have you back in future. Direct Line : 912-729-6888.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Can not beat the price for this hotel, room was clean and bed comfortable which provided a good nights sleep staff was extremely helpful and friendly will stay here anytime I'm in the area close to many restaurants in the area offers easy access to interstate 95

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Danny P, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Kingsland - Kings Bay Naval Base, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

So nice of you, 1SGWBB. Thank you very very much for your nice review of our property. We appreciate it. Thanks again.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel wasn't too bad for the price. The room was fairly clean, which is what's most important to us. Our room had 2 lights that didn't work, but I suppose that's kind of an isolated incident. Overall, not impressed, but I didn't expect much from a $42 hotel room. We liked that they allowed pets!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian H

Thanks for reviewing the property, Apologise for the inconvienience you had about the light issue. Glad that you liked the cleanliness, service & value for the room. Looking forward to seeing you again.Thanks again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I travel extensively in the 9 southeastern states and require a large parking area. (not semi truck parking)
Although this is what initially attracted me, I was pleased to find a very friendly staff, very clean rooms and a very reasonable rate!
I also enjoy an assortment of restaurants within walking distance of the front door.
It is just off I-95 and easy to access.
This is the best value I have found traveling in the 9 southeastern states.
I look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: I only stay in the non-smoking rooms so I can't speak about all of the rooms
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Very very nice review, Gary W - Thank you so much for the kind review. We always love to have you as our guest. We look forward to have you as our guest everytime you pass by I-95. Thank you so much.

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is great value for the price paid. Located amongst many good restaurants. The front desk staff was very knowledgable and helpful with my needs.. When in the area i will be backI Two thumbs up!

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank RegionalManagerSE
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Having stayed at several ABVI's recently, this one isn't bad. Room was clean. Grout in bathroom needed cleaned. Fridge didn't have a freezer but the cold setting seemed to freeze things anyway. Toilet flapper chain came off while we were there. When we got there around 10pm I think we were the only ones. When we left around 7:30 there was one other car. Staff was friendly enough. Breakfast was coffee and packaged donette-type donuts. Outdoor advertising big sign isn't lit, so it is a bit hard to find. Rate was a couple bucks cheaper than the norm at ABVI.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank FloridaBeachSunset
Danny P, General Manager at Motel 6 Kingsland - Kings Bay Naval Base, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to housekeeping. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the room you occuppied. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.