“Not bad for the price”

Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Greer, South Carolina, United States
“Not bad for the price”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel wasn't too bad for the price. The room was fairly clean, which is what's most important to us. Our room had 2 lights that didn't work, but I suppose that's kind of an isolated incident. Overall, not impressed, but I didn't expect much from a $42 hotel room. We liked that they allowed pets!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brian H
Danny P, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Kingsland - Kings Bay Naval Base, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thanks for reviewing the property, Apologise for the inconvienience you had about the light issue. Glad that you liked the cleanliness, service & value for the room. Looking forward to seeing you again.Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
PalmCity
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I travel extensively in the 9 southeastern states and require a large parking area. (not semi truck parking)
Although this is what initially attracted me, I was pleased to find a very friendly staff, very clean rooms and a very reasonable rate!
I also enjoy an assortment of restaurants within walking distance of the front door.
It is just off I-95 and easy to access.
This is the best value I have found traveling in the 9 southeastern states.
I look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: I only stay in the non-smoking rooms so I can't speak about all of the rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Very very nice review, Gary W - Thank you so much for the kind review. We always love to have you as our guest. We look forward to have you as our guest everytime you pass by I-95. Thank you so much.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is great value for the price paid. Located amongst many good restaurants. The front desk staff was very knowledgable and helpful with my needs.. When in the area i will be backI Two thumbs up!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank RegionalManagerSE
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed at several ABVI's recently, this one isn't bad. Room was clean. Grout in bathroom needed cleaned. Fridge didn't have a freezer but the cold setting seemed to freeze things anyway. Toilet flapper chain came off while we were there. When we got there around 10pm I think we were the only ones. When we left around 7:30 there was one other car. Staff was friendly enough. Breakfast was coffee and packaged donette-type donuts. Outdoor advertising big sign isn't lit, so it is a bit hard to find. Rate was a couple bucks cheaper than the norm at ABVI.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank FloridaBeachSunset
Danny P, General Manager at Motel 6 Kingsland - Kings Bay Naval Base, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely failed when it comes to housekeeping. My staff and I reviewed each of your comments and have taken appropriate action to resolve each issue in the room you occuppied. In addition, we are re-evaluating our inspection processes to ensure these type of issues do not occur in the future. We greatly appreciate your feedback, as it helps us to improve and provide a better experience.