Mariners Suites
$71
$97
$94
Country Inn
Magnolia Inn - Kingsland(Kingsland)(Great Value!)
$48
$46
$68
$58
$112
$85
BestWestern.com
$54
Kingsland Inn & Suites(Kingsland)(Great Value!)
$54
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Home towne suites is a very nice quiet place to stay. Its away from all the noice and traffic off of 95. My husband and I wanted a niceplace to stay for aday or two to rest up from a long vacation at disney world and a friend of ours recommeded this place from when they went and were on their way back home.... the staff was very polite and informative on the area an what places were good to eat at. The room was clean and very spacious. We had a very nice stay! I will be recommending this place to others!

• Stayed: October 2011
Panama City
Reviewed July 11, 2005

While my family and I were planning to evacuate from Hurricane Dennis, I found Home-Towne Suites in Kingsland, GA on the internet. Pleased with the pictures, descriptions and reviews, I reserved 2 non-smoking rooms (1 for us and 1 for my in-law's) and a crib. The price was relativley high (most notably the pet fee of $75 - ouch!), but I figured the increase when compared to alternatives in the same vicinity was justified by being able to cook in the rooms instead of eating out all the time. Upon arrival, I saw that the pictures of the facility did not match any given on the internet. Although advertised as a hotel, this particular property is instead groups of multi-plex apartments.

When I opened the door to our room, a generous breeze of cigarettes, dirt and beer smacked me in the face. As I stood in the doorway outside smelling the filth blowing out of the room, I could see an open loaf of bread and empty beer cans on the dining table. I took several steps inside and saw that the carpet and furniture need replacing badly. Other garbage was scattered throughout the room and surfaces were dirty. I had seen enough. No way was I going to let my kids stay in that room knowing that their hands and toys will be put in their mouths.

After a prompt exit, I visited the in-laws' suite. It was almost as bad. Although a bit less dirty, it still had a foul odor and the bed mattress sagged in the middle. The crib (actually a portable playpen) was in their room instead of ours for some reason and it was in terrible shape. The mat and sides had brown stains all over it with some dry solid brown chunks present too. Simply disgusting. Even if it was dried chocolate milk and pieces of an old candy bar, the only place that playpen belongs in is the garbage. Screens on the windows were torn. During our 15-minute stay, I saw two police cars patrol the parking lot.

Our rooms were cancelled. That left my wife, two kids, in-law's and 5 pets staring at me wondering "where now?". Under the circumstances (exhaustion, weather and room shortages), it was a bit stressful trying to find two rooms in another hotel that accepted pets. Although we did find some down the street, they did not have kitchens or microwaves, so some of our food that we had packed to reduce eating out costs eventually spoiled.

The hotel we stayed at wasn't recommendable either. In fact, we found the entire Kingsland area to be disappointing. Too many details to provide here, but here are a few. Food in the restaurants was mediocre and the service was below average. The local drinking water supply had a unpleasant taste. Best experience during the visit was that gas cost about $0.42 per gallon cheaper than where we are from. I could hardly wait to fill-up and get out of town. My advice is to stay in either Jacksonville or Savannah and avoid Kingsland as a whole, especially Home-Towne Suites.

• Stayed: July 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 3, 2004

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and I can not tell you how much I enjoyed my stay. The staff was the best ever and the ALL SUITE rooms as they call them are great. Much larger than the normal hotel rooms I stay in. I can not tell you how much I enjoyed my stay.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Grand Rapids, MN
Reviewed July 2, 2003

We stayed at the Home-Towne Suites in Kingsland in June 2003. We absolutely loved it. The staff was more than courteous and helpful.
They took pride in where they worked and how we, the customers, felt.
We always try and stay in extended stay hotels, and this one was nicer than any we have stayed in. We loved the size and open floorplan of the room. Plenty of closet space and a big bathroom. We will be back to stay again, and we will not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone who asks.

Happy Traveler

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cayuga, Indiana
Reviewed June 12, 2003

I had a wonderful stay at the hotel. The rooms were large and full of amenities. The staff was helpful throughtout the whole process. Kingsland is now a destination.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member