“Room could use abit of sprucing up...”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kingsland
Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We have stayed at this location before due to the fact that they accept pets and found no problems in the past. This year we were somewhat disappointed in the room. The first room we were assigned to smelled quite musty, therefore we requested a change. The second room was somewhat better, no musty smell, but if the AC wasn't running there was a stale smell in the room. Furnishings are looking abit tired as well. We would think twice about staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room first
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank lainer16
sanjaydesai1, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kingsland, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay.
We strive for service excellence with all of our guests and your comment has allowed me to share the feedback with my housekeeping team and ensure this does not happen for future guests.We rely on our guests to let us know when we have fallen short . Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

If you would like to discuss this matter in further detail, please feel free to contact me directly at 912-576-1616

Thank you again for your willingness to share your experience.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kingsland

Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I booked into the Country Inn on our way to Florida on the night of October 14 having stayed at the Country inn in Ashland Virginia the night before. I felt the Country Inn in Kingsland Georgia fell a bit short from my expectations in two areas, Namely the Inn had a very Smokey smell in the hallways of the third floor where we stayed and the Hot Breakfast in the morning lacked service far short of the Ashland, Virginia facility. The smoking and non-smoking rooms are clustered together and that creates the Smokey smell. This also is an older facility. Our non-smoking room was comfortable and we had a good nights rest. Location is very good as well as value. Smokers might find this facility to be the perfect place.

Room Tip: Non-smokers who have any allergy to smoke smell may wish to chose another facility.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
sanjaydesai1, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kingsland, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are so glad you liked the fine location of our hotel and the comfort of our room. Please allow us to apologize for the shortfalls you have experienced and any inconvenience you may have encountered during your stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. Also, we have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I frequently travel between PA and FL, often driving. We've stopped at most of the chain hotels, and have been pleased with Country Inns and Suites by Carlson. As a rule, they are cleaner than most. The rooms are spacious, with plenty of surface space available for organizing your overnight items, both in the bed area and in the bath. The Kingsland hotel is well-located, convenient to the interstate, restaurants, and gas stations. The breakfast was lacking; nothing tasted good, fruit was past its prime, muffins were stale. I wouldn't want to spend a week here, but for an overnight stay, it was fine.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing us on your recent stay and taking the time to give us valuable feedback!

Thank you for complimenting our convenient location! I am sorry that there were some issues that soured your overall experience.

I have already reviewed your comments with our team .Comments such as yours permit us to target areas of concern and take the necessary steps to remedy the situation.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

We booked a 1-BR King Suite for 3-Adults/ 2-Children for a night on our road trip to Disney World. Since we had 3-adults, the hotel recommended a cot for an extra $10.00, to which we agreed. Upon arrival, the room had a large cot leaning up against the wall near the bathroom. No where to put the cot except in the hall, right in front of bathroom door thereby preventing ANY access to bathroom! When I went back to desk, the clerk, although very nice, could do nothing to change the situation. I had her call the manager, Sanjay, to tell him of our unhappiness with that situation. He wouldn't talk with us on the phone, but relayed through her, instructions to give us how to move the desk and dresser and coffee table to make just enough room for cot. (This indicated to me he had encountered this before.). I said this was totally unacceptable that I should have to move major furniture pieces around to accommodate the cot which they knew we had. The clerk again could do nothing other than relay the manager's ridiculous instructions. I had her call him back to say I was angry and wanted to personally speak with him on phone. He refused to talk to me and instead told her to give us, at no extra charge, another room, which alleviated the situation. I was happy with the outcome but NOT the process to get there!! I should not have had to go through this big negotiation/argument to get to where we should have gotten right away. I've now stayed at 4 Country Inns and Suites. Two were great, (Hebron, KY and Wilson, NC), One was horrible, (South Yemassee, GA), and this one in Kingsland, GA which I say was mediocre,at best. A 50% success rate is not what I shoot for when I stop at the end of a long, tiring day of driving. I don't think I'm willing to gamble on which type of Country Inn and Suites I get anymore. Back to the other chains for us! I want to say that the girl at front desk, Susan, couldn't have been any nicer. Her manager, Sanjay, was the "bad guy" here , willing to put her in the middle and hide behind the phone.

Room Tip: If your plans only call for a basic room with nothing unique needed, this is an acceptable hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to leave a review on Trip Advisor. We strive to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to hear from our guests on how we are doing. We are very sorry to read that you experienced inconvenience because we did not meet your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Assistant Geeneral Manager

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights & found it to be wonderfully comfortable. The staff was very friendly & helpful, especially Susan. The breakfast was delicious. Everything was very clean & well cared for.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

It’s wonderful to hear you “found the staff to be very friendly and extremely helpful - always putting the customer first”. I’ll be sure our staff and especially Susan are recognized.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was our first time staying here but we will definitely return on our next time through this area. This was a great location with several good places to eat close and right off the interstate. Rooms were large, clean and staff was very helpful. There was also a large breakfast which was very good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It’s wonderful to hear you were “ very pleased with the hotel, the room was very comfortable, the staff had a great attitude and provided exceptional service, the food was very good.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

On my way home after a not so great vacation, my resent stay was the bright point in an otherwise family drama. Things have changed with the new management, but the staff remains the same good folks. To be so close to I95 and so many businesses, it has a home like feel,

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor regarding your third stay at our property! We appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted to hear you enjoyed another stay with us. It is such a pleasure to hear you “found the stand out feature is the staff".

Sincerly,