“good for an overnight”

Quality Inn Kingsland
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We booked here on our stop from NC. It was ok for a night. The room was clean, carpet needed changing badly. Light bulbs needed changing above sink and beside the bed on one side. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was nice and a large selection. Our pet was welcome. Would stay again as they were remodeling. Bed slept good and was comfy. I loved the couch for watching tv.

Room Tip: poolside was nicest
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed there on the way to and from a NC trip, it was clean, quiet, and the staff was courteous and helpfull with local directions for a place to eat (Angelo's Italian kitchen was my choice, fast and quite good actuall)

Room Tip: Specify smoking or non smoking
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Firstly, We arrived long after the usual 2pm check-in and was given a smoker's room when we booked a non-smoking room....Both myself and my wife are non-smokers, back to the check-in desk to complain again. A new room was given to us, this one was yet to be visited by housekeeping thus making another trip to the check-In desk..After finally getting into our room, the bathroom needed updating, big part of the door was missing and attention to cleanliness was a missing factor. Our Air Conditioner was so noisy it drowned out the traffic noise on I-95, I used earplugs and even they didn't work efficiently. Overall I got barely 4hours sleep.

The public restrooms had no toilet paper, both male and female!

On the whole, could do better and in no way a 3-star hotel, 2 max and management needs to be more pro-active. If you are tired, need a room just off I-95, deaf, don't mind slumming it....stay at the Kingsland Quality Inn, just remember Quality isn't a word you should look for.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christopher S
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The room assigned to me at this hotel was grubby, shopworn, noisy, and uncomfortable. The toilet did not work properly; several of the room lights were out; the coffee maker was filthy; the room next door was being worked on by a loud crew who were cleaning up from a damaging flood. The person in the room on the other side of mine was being used by a chain smoker who stood outside my window smoking and talking noisily and rudely on his cell phone though much of the evening and early morning. Housekeeping was poor, with a dirty sink and tub, and maintenance was also poor, with rusty exposed pipes and peeling water-stained paint. The receptionist was courteous and pleasant, but had little advice on where to find a decent pizza for dinner. One place I called answered and when I tried to order, the gentleman on the other end said, "Hey, Buddy, we're remodeling and won't reopen until later in the week." Google maps showed a nearby Pizza Hut that didn't exist when I searched for it." And finally, I booked the reservation through a pet-friendly service, but the grounds designated as the "dog walk" were underwater and filthy.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank CharlieBrowneinVT
gm_ga421, Manager at Quality Inn Kingsland, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire staff and management at Quality Inn, Kingsland we would like to apologize for the problems and inconveniences during your recent stay with us. We thank you for taking the time to give us feedback so we can remedy the problems. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

It took for ever to check in there was a line and only one persone behide the counter checking PPL in it was dirty my husband had to fix the shower handle so we could shower in the morning but you get what you pay for I paid $70 for the night.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and get another room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Kingsland, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2014

Dear lbutler0308,

Allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations during your recent visit to our property. I have shared your feedback with our entire team to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior customer service and accommodations o your next visit to the area.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed March 3, 2014

One whole wing was shut down because they are remodeling. I stayed in a refurbished room and it was nice. Everything kinda dusty cause of the work ongoing. It was nice but I gave it an average because they weren't finished with the final product so I didn't want to say it was great until it actually is great...so well see.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Steven P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with the staff and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the time you are in town, and hopefully we will hear those great words after the renovations are complete.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 1, 2014

The bathroom was not clean...toilet very dirty tub dirty and left over used soap in tub.
.i was concerned that maybe there were bed bugs because of the poor quality of cleaning.
Rugs were old and dirty. Someone tried together into our room while we were there because of mix up of key passes..was kept awake all night for fear of someone. Trying. To get in again.

Room Tip: I wouldn't suggest anyone to go there...poor quality in cleaning.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Audrey C
Angela C, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Kingsland, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Audrey C,

Allow me apologize on behalf of our hotel for failing to meet your expectations during your recent visit to our property. I have shared your feedback with our entire team to ensure we handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, Thank you for your time and valuable feedback. We sincerely appreciate it and hope you will give us another chance to provide you with superior customer service and accommodations on your next visit to the area.

Warm Regards,