“The Best Ribs!!”

Add it.
Jacks BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My Kryptonite. I've had their wood-smoked ribs 3 nights in a row now. I have to leave this area before I die of excessive rib consumption. The best rib's I've had from a restaurant. I recommend their honey sauce rather than their spicy sauce as the sweetness complements the strong smoked flavor much better than the mustard-based spicy version. I can also highly recommend their Banana creme pudding and peach cobbler.

It's not a fancy place. It is a small local family operated BBQ stand just off of Georgia Exit 1 of Rt. 95 before the Florida state line. Turn west and it's within yards of the hwy.

1  Thank Gordon G
There are newer reviews for Jacks BBQ

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We went to jacks on the way home from Savannah to Florida. I wanted to take home some Bbq and Brunswick stew for my kids. I ordered 2 pounds of Beef and 2 large pints of Stew. WOW, I should have known when I saw them using packaged, not homemade, BBQ Sauce. The beef was not brisket but a dry over cooked eye round, very strange indeed. The stew was ketchup with tomato paste. I really don't even have the words to describe this garbage I spent $40.00 on, except that it all went in the garbage. I always check trip advisor and this time I was impulsive and saw the restaurant on the exit and ran in and ordered ! If I had seen the other reviews on this place I would have kept driving. It's very rare I write a negative review however in this case I had too ! And to the owners a pint is not a 6oz foam coffee cup !! What a rip off !!

1  Thank Greektravelgirl
Reviewed November 5, 2013

While in the area we ordered Jack's to take out . For a very reasonable price we each got SIX meaty,delicious ribs, baked beans,potato salad (or corn on the cob). The ribs were honey bar-b-que and spicy bbq . They were slow cooked and tender.
I stayed in our car with a leg injury while my wife picked up the order. She said the staff was wonderful! They even took her outside to show her their two pet potbelly pigs! She said they were adorable!
We will go back to Jack's.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Pleasant service did not overcome the weak "wood cooked" flavor of pulled pork. Side dishes were average.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We stopped there for lunch this week. The staff was great - very friendly and our waitress refilled my wife's iced tea cup for her to take with her for no extra charge. We both got the pulled pork sandwiches. They were very large. However, the pork had a lot of big globs of fat in it. About two or three hours after eating her sandwich, my wife got very ill. My stomach started bothering me about the same time.

1  Thank Bruce J