“Lacking....”

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Cape Coral, Florida
“Lacking....”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Friendly visit to the Red Roof Inn Kingsland, GA. But that cannot make up for the non working A/C and dehumidifier in the room. Or the powdered coffee and creamer for the continental breakfast. I know that we arrived in time for the breakfast but not one food item available except make your own waffles.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SEEMA123, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Kingsland, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank-you for taking your precious time to place and review on our property. I apologise on the AC not working. We would have made your accomodation more comfortabe, if you had mentioned to one of our staff . They would have kindly moved you to another room. We hope to accomodate you perfectly next time you come and stay with us.My apologieses and we hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Newport, Rhode Island
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We checked in during the wee hours. The rooms had been completely redone with new mattresses. Comfortable and clean. Nice free breakfast in their small area from 6-9. Staff was friendly. Grounds were clean. There is an automatic "safe with limited warranty" just ask for that to be refunded when you check out.

Room Tip: We did a non-smoking deluxe with 2 queen beds facing the lot/street.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank- You for taking you busy time to place an review on our property. We hope to see you come back and stay with us when in this area. Again thanks for placing an review on our property. I will certainly share this with my staff.
New Hope, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Charged $10 for second dog I have 2 small dogs. Rooms are being renovated, storage trailers on site with new furniture. But our room was clean and comfortable but had not been redone. Staff was friendly and had free breakfast available from 6 to 9

• Stayed May 2013
Thank-You for taking your time to place an review on our property and staying with us. Yes there is a minimal fee for second pet. First one is always free. I apologise on the inconvenience of storage trailers. Next time you viist with us they will be not be there. We hope to come and see us soon. Thanks againg for staying with us.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I recently had a driver with a reservation refused at this location. We are a big company and use Red Roof nation wide for our drivers. They told our driver they do not honor Corporate plus or Direct bill accounts... Really?? What Gives?? I believe this establishment judged our driver based on his appearance until they can prove otherwise. They actually said to our driver..and I quote..."How do we know you are going to pay the bill?" .... I spoke to corporate guest relations and they said they looked in to the matter but the details were kind of bleak... So I just want to get on here and poke some SHAME at this Red Roof location..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Stevo4256
SEEMA123, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Kingsland, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Sir, i am deeply sorry. We at Red Roof Inn, Kingsland honor all kind of Corporate Business. There must have been some kind of miscommunication or understanding between my staff and you. We have been honoring Corporate Business ever since we have been in business. Also we do not discriminate with any guests. We honor guests from USA and the World , of all nations . If you would like to communicate with me . I will be happy to talk to you. Kindly call the property at 912-729-1130 . Thank-You.
Winder, Georgia
Reviewed April 17, 2013

first of all I hate being charged twice, then removing one when you check out. the door to the room was off kilter so light showed through bottom and top of the door... critters would easily be able to enter as well. water taste was horrible. there was almost NO hot water for a shower. there was a musty smell that got worse the longer we stayed. bed was not at all comfortable. I specifically asked where the ice machine was located and was told right around the corner,,,., well it was there but it was also posted OUT OF ORDER .. use second floor (no elevator) ice machine.. tv was very fuzzy, poor reception. bathroom was not very clean and the shower was nasty. fortunately i travel with cleaning supplies. The check in person was sweet. the check out person asked me if I was staying another day, I said no, he said "we're not that bad" I replied "want to hear my list of complaints ?"... he replied NO..... then I asked what the final price was as he handed me the receipt... I left my glasses in the car..... he replied "what we told you last night"

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bunniri
SEEMA D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Kingsland, responded to this review, March 16, 2015
Thank you for your feedback. I would like start by saying I sincerely apologize. The issues you mentioned have now been sent to our maintenance and housekeeping department directors. Our rooms have been remodeled and now have brand new wood floors in most of our rooms. During future stays please feel free to notify the staff of any issues when they occur and we can expedite resolution. Thank you for your review again. I'm looking forward to having you again as a guest in our hotel.
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We needed a place to sleep while on a road trip. This RRI was rated well, so we thought we'd give it a shot. It was okay. It was a place to sleep. The rooms were clean and quiet. The guy at the front desk cracked me up. He seemed to have a huge wad of chew in his mouth, but I could be wrong. Nice guy! This hotel will suffice for anyone needing a place to rest, and really doesn't offer anything more than that.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank-You for taking your precious time and placing a review on our property. We hope to give you better service upon your next stay with us. Again thank you and love to see you come back soon.
Moncks Corner
Reviewed March 14, 2013

First road trip with our dog, so I checked Tripadvisor reviews for pet friendly places. I booked a king bed with sofa, it was obviously one of the renovated rooms. Carpet and furniture were in good condition, room was clean, and bed was comfortable. We were on the 2nd floor, but there is an elevator, so had no complaints from husband or dog. We did not eat breakfast there, but the coffee was better than most motel breakfast buffets.

Room Tip: Ask for front facing room (odd numbers), there were storage containers in the back parking area maki...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank-You for taking your valuable time to place a review on our property. I will cetainly share your comments with my staff. We value guests like you and we hope to see you come back soon and visit us. Thank-You.