“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Cary, North Carolina
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Hey everyone. Just for you to know I have stayed here many times over the years. My daughter lives and works nearest to this place and I am a Marriot rewards member so this is a great choice for me. This time I stayed in a suite. It was clean comfortable and well furnished and decorated. However I did have a few issue with the technology offered. I had a business meeting to attend On Line. I was disappointed in how long it took me to get hooked up. Yes I am used to needing to make a connection via a web browser in all hotels. This one offered both wired and wireless connections. I like to use wired because of the transfer rate is always higher and I needed it for this meeting. I'm glad I started an hour before the meeting. It took several tries both wired and wireless to get the web page connection permission screen to show up. Once I got connected with wireless usually wired works ok. Wireless is flaky depending on the number of people on line with typically runs around 12MPS. This is much slower than the expected speed of 58MPS. Even though the wired connection stated 100MPS (typical) everything still ran slow. I suspect it is running through satellite like the TV is. It was a painful meeting due to the internet speed so you should bring your own Verizon Hotspot device. TV was satellite and so snowy I gave up watching HBO. Sure the TV is HD but the signals were so poor I bet I cold get a better signal with an external antenna. Now AT&T is not in the area and uses a partner phone system for a roaming connection. It is painfully unreliable to get a smart phone to have reliable transfer and no 4G service. So bottom line is the Hotel, rooms and service is excellent the TV, Internet experience can be improved on by the hotel. I know they can't do anything about the phone service but you needed to know. You are in the country and the fact they have this much is also impressive but way behind current technology/

Room Tip: ask for a room at the end of the hall. If you want a suite it is very good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Dawsonville, Georgia
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stopped here for one night traveling through area. The service was excellent, both check in and check out as well as the attendant in the breakfast room. All very friendly and caring - an asset to Marriott/Fairfield. Rooms very clean, comfortable and modern. Breakfast is not your average 'continental breakfast'. There were eggs, sausage as well as the usual cereal, yogurt, danish, muffins, etc. The surrounding area is great - lots of restaurants. Would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
suffield
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Again this year on our second day on route to Naples,Florida we stopped at the Fairfield Inn in Kingsland,Ga. This was our 4-5th time we have stay at this hotel. It is clean, comfortable and very friendly. The rates are very reasonable and the breakfast is above average. The room was clean and the bedding was newer and comfortable. Close to grocery store. We do not eat in restaurants because of hygiene and diet reasons,so for that reason I can't recommend any, but I know there are a lot of them close by.

Room Tip: Ask for a microwave in the room it comes in handy if you prefer to eat in.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We have stopped at the Fairfield Inn in Kingsland, GA on our way to Naples, FL for the past two years. It's a great deal. The hotel is clean and welcoming There are lots of chain restaurants within walking distance. After working out in the Fitness Room, I relaxed in the hot tub. The beds are very comfortable and the Breakfast is decent. The only drawback is that the Eliiptical exercise machine needed maintenance.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Golden Isles of Georgia, Georgia
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Wife and were delayed at a charity function and decided to play it safe rather than drive home late at night. Logged on to Marriott on the iPhone and booked a king room in this hotel. When we arrived and checked in my wife saw we were in a handicapped room. We have no prejudice, she just doesn't care for the showers on them. So back to the desk we go, being Marriott gold expecting an upgrade. No, we get a down grade to a room the doesn't have USB plugs to charge our phones. And, no we can't have an upgrade as there are none available "at your rate." I wasn't t aware rate had anything to do with it. The breakfast was fine. Also, on the Marriott web site this hotel is shown on the west of I95. It is on the east.

• Stayed April 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel is nice and clean. The staff was VERY nice but there is no outdoor pool if you are looking for one. There i s an indoor pool however. it is very convenient to the highway, gas stations, Cracker Barrel, Dunkin Donuts and other restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
del haven, nj
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here in late march on the way to fla. Had no reservation. The desk clerk was extremely nice and friendly offering us various options. We found our room very clean and well stocked. There was a refer and micro too. Room was nice and quiet. Bkfst was good with a decent choice. Will definitely stay here again. Price was also great.

Stayed March 2013