“Not the Best place along I-95” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsland/Kings Bay Naval B

La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsland/Kings Bay Naval B
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Kingsland
Vero Beach, Florida
“Not the Best place along I-95”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I checked rated on the LaQuinta the morning I left but did not make a reservation since I was not sure where along I-95 I would stop. When I pulled up to the hotel, there were 4 construction workers who must have been working in the area, with a case of beer on the ground, drinking and smoking at the entrance. There was no one at the check in desk. After a few minutes, I walked around and down a hall way where I found an office with an employee sitting at a computer playing card games. I checked in and was told the rate on the LaQuinta website that morning was not available and the new rate was the one I would be charged. I was traveling with my dog and believe me, there are a lot of dogs at this hotel, most every room. My room smelled of multiple pets. I would expect them to go thru extra cleaning since they attract pet owners. Floors are thin, room above me was used by the US gymnastic team practicing at 1am - 3am and started again at 6am.

Room Tip: There are 2 other LaQuinta inns along I-95 that are within an hour from this one. Do not trust the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

We decided to stop at this inn while on our way home from South Florida. We liked the inn because it was so close to the highway, but not so close that you could hear highway noise. The lobby was tidy and attractive. Coffee and hot cocoa were available in the adjoining breakfast room, and we had some after we checked in. The room was smaller than most La Quinta rooms that I've sayed in, but it appeared to be clean. The mattress had some stains on one side of the bed, but not the other. That caused me some concern, but we did not go home with any bed bug bites. The management should be made aware that the sink has a huge crack in it that needs attention. The pool appeared to be clean, and the hot tub was working. Breakfast was the usual chain inn waffles, etc.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Indialantic, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

I just spent Friday night there with my greyhound.
Great place to stay. The room was spotless, breakfast was excellent, and the front desk people looked like they were HAPPY to see me, as opposed to the less than cheerful greeting you get a lot of times.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Mark F
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

This hotel is fairly new and very clean. Easy to access off the interstate. Lots of things near by to eat. Plus a Walmart and Kmart are blocks away. The Staff asked me 50 questions to obtain some extra towels : ( but other than that it's a ok hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Staten Island, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I have come to the conclusion that finding a place to stay along I-95 that is not dirty, bug-infested, etc.. is no easy task. While driving from NY to Florida, we checked Tripadvisor lists at various possible stopping points, and were appalled at the number of scary reviews we came accross. La Quinta was one of the few that looked okay, and it sure was. It was clean, clean, clean! The front desk staff were very nice and accomodated our late check-in, even allowed us to take a swim past hours after all that driving. The breakfast was decent, cereals, instant hot cereals, some fruit, coffee, juice, toast, and hot waffles. We would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a clean reliable stopover, or even a longer stay. There were lots of restuarants around also, although nothing really open late. We paid $72 for the night.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank TarahDee
Travelers also viewed these Kingsland hotels
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kingsland
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Kingsland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Kingsland
Hampton Inn Kingsland
Hampton Inn Kingsland
#6 of 21 in Kingsland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Kingsland
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kingsland

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Kingsland/Kings Bay Naval B? Share your experiences!