“Entire family enjoyed it”
Review of Jarrell Plantation

Jarrell Plantation
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Juliette
More attraction details
Owner description: An 1850s style plantation country house bed and breakfast in middle Georgia. Next to the Jarrell Plantation State Historic Site and near The Whistle Stop Cafe in Juliette, movie set for the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes".
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Wonderful Tripadvisor folks, please note: There is not a "sort of visit" category for some of our trips - we take my dad a lot of places hwen he visits, but that doesn't fit into any of your categories. Perhaps you could add a general "family" one without children, for such situations! : )My husband, my father and I thoroughly enjoyed our meandering walk-through tour of the plantation. Hubby and I learned a lot, and the equipment brought back fond memories for my Dad. The only warnings I have are: (1) Part of the walk is somewhat strenuous, particulary for some folks, with uphill grades. And be sure to wear thick shoes, as part of the walk is on loose gravel. (2) you might want to go in the Spring or Fall, as the Summer is a little hot there and if you do go in Summer, by all means, spary Off first!! But otherwise, we had a great experience. It's so nice when visitors can tour at their own speed as Jarrett allows; after all, some people are more interested in one exhibit than another, some people are not able to keep up with a speedy tour and others have hearing issues that interfere. And in that vein, the informative orientation/history video is very helpful to the hard of hearing, as it has subtitles! We highly recommend Jarrell, and may go back in the future, for special events.

1  Thank PierresFamily

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We did 3 plantations during our recent tour and this one was the best. Well organized pleasant staff and some historical information to review at the headquarters.

Self tour go at your own speed, with reference manual to give more details on the attractions. Stuff is well documented by signage and buildings are a great example of turn of the century farms.

Not much on slavery, but it is discussed in the history centre.

1  Thank we_cycle
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I last visited this Plantation for a Fourth of July Festival. It was a wonderful experience. As a former Iowa Farm Kid I was impressed with the preservation of a way of life from another time frame.

2  Thank GeorgiaFlowerChild
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This place has tons of history. You are able to walk around the plantation and see how people lived in the old days. The property has been kept up very well. You can also stay at the Jarrell Bed and Breakfast if you want to make a trip out of it.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

The history that is here is amazing.. I love to visit places dating to the 1800's. You really felt like you were going back in time. The front staff was very knowledgable about the plantation if you have questions.

1  Thank Becky P