See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Lots of Drugs and Alcohol and Homeless Crack heads and just a bad place all rooms smell like cigaretts cops always in and out dirty should be condemed by the city.
Old beds old towels old rugs poor security if any to open any crazy is allowed off the street to walk through . Not safe!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Rbnx1
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We booked a room for the Labor Day weekend. I booked online at motel 6 website and was given a total of $206.06 for all 4 nights we would be staying. When we got there the front desk clerk said the rate was $311 plus tax. I tried showing him my confirmation email and he refused to even look at it. Called customer service and they said they couldn't do anything. Overall both customer service and the hotel staff were rude and obtuse. After the way we were treated there was no way I was staying there. We ended up having to stay an hour away because of the other hotels being booked up in the area due to a NASCAR race.

Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Mrsdanley
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I am a long motel6 customer and I was shocked at my visit to the Motel6 in Jonesboro.

The owners of the hotel allow thugs to rent weekly rooms in the rear of the hotel.

These thugs openly run prostitution rings in the hotel. I did not find this out when I checked in on Sat at 4pm 7/24. In the daylight I asked the
front desk staff about a few scantly dressed girls in the parking lot.

I was assured there would be no problem. I did not check the room instead I paid cash for the room and left to spend time with my wife our two sons and the rest of my family.

After a great time in Atlanta we returned at 12:30am. Now the prostitution rings where in full glory. Cabs drove customers to the rear of the hotel.
Pimps hurried pushed young girls toward the back of the hotel yelling at them to "get that money".

My wife and sons were shocked just being in the parking lot before we could get to the room. Once inside the room (which was to be a no smoking room). The room smelled of cigarettes and cheap spray to attempt to cover the cigarette smell. At this point my wife and kids insisted we leave at once. They went to the car, we drove to the front and I went In and asked for a refund and explained why. I was told "we do not offer refunds" I left and we spent the night at another hotel.

However after this nightmare where we did not even use the room.
I will not subject my family to any other motel6.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
20  Thank hardjay
Reviewed June 12, 2009

I guess I should say something positive -- the bed was comfortable and we got a good night 's sleep. But I sure didn't want to shower or bathe and we canceled our reservation for later in the week. Someone had painted the bathroom door without prepping it and paint was coming off in sheets on the whole bottom half of the door. That might have been forgivable if they had cleaned the paint flakes and strips off the floor, but they had been on there so long they were stuck to the tile. The tops of the tile baseboard had never been dusted much less cleaned. I need to mention the pool - in our hometown this pool would have been cited and fined by the Mosquito Control folks. It was a green cloudy and scummy. I can't believe they weren't breaking some law by leaving water in it.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank OdianeBakersfield
Reviewed February 22, 2009

I stayed at Motel 6 off exit 235 off I-75 in ga last month,. When i checked in, the
manager was there, very nice guy, very helpful, but when i got to my room, it
was a discusting. stains on the sheets, bathroom was dirty, had a bad smell .
I called the front desk and spoke with the manager, his name was michael i
wrote it down, he moved me to another room, it had roaches all it in, so he mved
me agin and this time the tv did not work. I gave up, He refunded my money and I moved on to another hotel. I did call him back and thank him for being so help[ful, he tried everything but the problem was not with the manager it was with motel 6. This company should not allow these dirty rooms to be rented. Tom bodett, shame on you.

travelmaster