“Lake Spivey Golf Club”

Lake Spivey Golf Club
Ranked #7 of 15 things to do in Jonesboro
More attraction details
Owner description: 18 Hole daily fee golf course voted an Atlanta "Best Value" in 2005.
Atlanta, Georgia
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Lake Spivey Golf Club”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Daughter and her family live on the golf course - beautiful area

Visited March 2012

south of atlanta, ga
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Nicely kept course, it just isn't fun.”
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Golf should be fun. If it isn't, you shouldn't play. It seems to be a chore to play this course. The grounds are well kept and the greens are kept up nicely. Most courses have a hole or two you really look forward to. I've played here three times and each time has been progressively worse as it lacks any flavor. I won't go back.

Visited November 2011
3 Thank mikolito
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“BADDDD STAFf”
Reviewed June 5, 2010

im a weekend golfer, love the game, love a great place to play. Lake Spivey golf club is home to the best holes to play in the south. Alot of water in play, sort of a tuff course. But the need to fire EVERYONE WORKING THERE, maybe exception of the cart boys. Its Saturday 11 pm, just played there today, i was irritated my first experience with the staff, and now im just pissed. i WILL NOT be playing there anymore, due to VERY arrogant son of a gun pro shop guys, the bald headed one AND the slick back hair i still live in the 90s business world. i was on the first whole, my group hit some fine shots, and we were lined up for some birdies. the guy came by and said we need you guys to hurry up, SPEED IT ALONG it took you this long to get here!! were all like what? weve been on this hole for 5 mins. and i lost my birdie shot badly because he was standing over my shoulder. GOD! you know this is just the worst staff, a ghetto mcdonalds staff beats this crap. For anyone that goes to spivey or thinking about. PLEASE DONT. if you take your time they wont like you. i suggest going a little further and hitting griffen city golf course, the staff is wonderful and its like 10 dollars more. .

6 Thank jb18444
Jeoff H, Manager at Lake Spivey Golf Club, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Lake Spivey Golf Club tries to provide the best customer service to each group. This group was out of position by 20 minutes after the first hole. We were making sure that the other people on the golf course would not play a 5 hour plus round. We inform our golfers that we would like everyone to play an enjoyable round and we must stay around a 4 hour pace of play. We speak to our golfers in a professional manner and ask people to play more quickly only when they are holding the rest of the golf course up with slow play.
Snellville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Satisfied but also Aatonished”
Reviewed May 8, 2009

The course is in great shape; I visited the course four weeks in row on Saturdays and by-passed my current cannon gate home course to play there. This is the only good thing I can say about Lake Spivey. I was very upset with the staff who constantly told our group to speed up when no one was behind or in front of us. The gentlemen followed our group from hole to hole which really upset the group I was playing with. We are all seasoned golfers and know when we are playing slow and I don't find it out of line for a Marshall to ask us to speed up, but to follow us from hole to hole and make comments like “we need to have you off this course by 12:00” is out of line and a form of harassment. One of my fellow golfers became so upset he started playing badly and that slowed up the pace even more. We all stated after coming here four weeks in a row we understand the rules of slow play. When a foursome is paying in upwards of $200.00, but is harassed at the course, you can bet they will not return and inform everyone of the treatment they received. I suggest some customer service training for the individual at the starter booth who actually told us to speed up at least eight times from once he came out to the tee box on number nine until we went on to the tee box of number ten. As stated before, we will not be there this week and I feel that Lake Spivey did not want our business anyway. I have names of individuals and phone numbers if you want to confirm any of my statements I can be reached at [--] my name is Jonathon King. I will be surprised if I hear from anyone at Lake Spivey, I left there satisfied with the course but astonished by the conduct of your staff. Thank you.

7 Thank Contractor_9

Been to Lake Spivey Golf Club? Share your experiences!