“LOUD DRUNKS, DRUGGIES AND WILD MISBEHAVING CHILDREN” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Home 1 Extended Stay Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Jonesboro
Jonesboro
“LOUD DRUNKS, DRUGGIES AND WILD MISBEHAVING CHILDREN”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2010

I lived at Savannah Suites for about 2 months while I looked for a house. The experience was not pleasant. I lived in the center close to the back. That is where all the noise is.
Their is 3 men, 2 women and about 6 children hang out all day long from about 10am to 11pm at night. I got a chance to watch these people on my day off from work. The men stand in the back parking lot in front of the steps and the first 2 rooms on the first floor. No one can live in these rooms because you cannot have any piece and quiet. The men walk around with cans of beer in their hand and talk very loud because they are drunk. The men and women holler at the children when they see a car come around the corner. They let the children scream, cry and drop ice cream, soda and water all over the pavement in the halls and 1st and 2nd floor. These men and women should go into their rooms and drink and smoke and also take their children to the park to play. I lived in the center and I could hear them running up and down the hallways. I bet some of these men do not live at this hotel. They just make it bad for everyone standing in back parking lot talking loud and cursing. No one does anything about it. I heard a security lady telling them that she heard them all the way to the front talking loud. She never did tell them they need to go in their rooms so other people can hear their television or go to sleep. They were still outside at 12am that night. Do not stay at this hotel because their is a bunch of men hanging out and loud children playing all day. Also the porch is dirty and need cleaning with a mop. All those dirty spots, water leaking from air conditioners and chewing gum and cigarette butts laying around. The manager or security do nothing to prevent this drinking and wild children from running everywhere.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank QuiettimeJonesboro
GeneralManager026, General Manager at Home 1 Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2011
Thank you for choosing the Savannah Suites for your lodging needs. Unfortunately, there were some less than ideal circumstances during your stay.

I would like to assure you that the issue has been resolved. We have taken extra steps with our security officer and the police department to assist us from this behavior taking place in the future.

I am in great hopes that the next time you are in need of lodging you choose the Savannah Suites so we can show you the many improvements we have made to the property.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Jonesboro
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2010

The first day I was trying to find a room. The room I inspected had roaches behind the bed and in the kitchen. I finally found one that did not have roaches in it but the neighbors above me kept walking hard and throwing things on the floor. Also the neighbors under me were drunk and smoked mariquana. They were very loud. I had no choice but to stay because my budget was very low. I needed all my money to find an apartment. I talked with the manager about the roaches and noise. They came and sprayed 2 times the whole hotel. I thought the manager would know that these rooms needed continued spraying. I tried to talk to her about the noise level but she was not concern and let it rolled right off her back. I thought maybe if she walked around she could smell the drug odor because these rooms you can smelled everything and hear people walking and talking all the time. The police need to be called about drug use and public drinking at Jonesboro hotel. The manager will do nothing.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank sjk05
CarolMakoui, Manager at Home 1 Extended Stay Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2010
Please forgive us for the inconvenience and discomfort that was caused to you during your stay here at Savannah Suites. We do apologize that you have experienced pest control issues as well as a distrubing neighbor at our establishment.

Since your stay, we have change exterminating services and are proud to say we have had no issues with pests since the change was implemented.

In regards to the other residents' behaviors, we feel that the new measure that have been put into place to enforce our no disturbance policy have improved the quality of any new or existing guests' stay at our property. Our security guards are on duty during off peak hours to further enfoce unacceptable and disturbing behavior on our property.

With the changes that have been implemented at the property your futures stays will be more pleasant and safe experiences. We hope in the future you will allow us the opporunity to serve and offer you our much improved cleanliness and guest friendly environment.
LAGRANGE
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2008

I recently stayed at Savannah Suites in Jonesboro the room smelled like a fat [--] cigerette. There were roaches crawling on the walls. The neighbors were loud at all hours of the night. I will NEVER stay there EVER again I suggest you take my advice.

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — it was nasty
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank distraughtlagrange
Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2008

This Hotel was the nastiest Hotels EVER. There were cockroaches crawling everywhere! I would advise you to stay somewhere else very very nasty. They should be shut down.

• Liked — When we left to go home!
  • Disliked — Cockroaches
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank sammy10201
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2006

We arrived late Saturday Night for the Nextel Race on Sunday..The lobby was closed, and # posted on the front door. We checked in and were taken to our room by the night watchman?? The room was awful!!! Were offered another room that was in the process of renovation.. chose to stay in the 1st room. We slept on top of the bedspead (the sheets looked as if they had been slept on) had to shower in flip flops, as carpet and floor was filthy.. If I had it to do over, would have slept in my car.. Was approaced by a man in the parking lot who wanted to sell me a video camera. The short overnight stay was a nightmare!!! they should condem the place!!!!

• Stayed October 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2005

We booked this hotel thru Orbitz 2 mths in advance of the Nextel Cup race in Atlanta in Oct 2005. We called prior to the date of arrival to confirm the reservation and all seemed OK. We called the day of arrival also and was told the room was still booked to us. We arrived at the hotel that evening to a lobby full of angry people. Not only us, but several others were being told that their 'reserved' rooms were no longer available. The person behind the desk appeared to be apx 17 yrs old and was totally unconcerned. We ended up staying at what appeared to be a pay by the hour place in desperation since it was a race weekend and Sat before the race. We contacted Orbitz to complain and were told we should have called them while we were at the hotel...not days later. They did however call the hotel and were told that we must be mistaken, that they did have a room for us that night. Another call resulted in a different story, they did not show a reservation for us. And yet another call resulted in another story altogether..that when we arrived there we were told that the room was being cleaned. I even tried to contact a regional manager for the hotel a few days later and not heard from anyone........could it be they are still returning complaint calls and just haven't had time to return mine yet?

Stayed October 2005
3 Thank J P
Belle Chasse, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2005

Please, if you value your safety and peace of mind, do NOT stay at this hotel. I saw what I believe to be drug sales going on in an upstairs room when we attempted to check in. The office was closed when we arrived, with a number to call taped to the office window. The "suite" was a tiny room with a bed, a dresser, table and chair. There was a three foot patch of spackle behind the door and roaches in the kitchenette. My tour of the room lasted all of 15 seconds before we left and lucked into another (safe) hotel room on a busy Nextel Cup Race Weekend. There was more that was observed, but those were the high(?)lights.
DO NOT STAY AT THE SAVANNAH SUITES IN JONESBORO GEORGIA.

• Stayed October 2005
4 Thank AngieM1210
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonesboro
Jameson Inn and Suites-Riverdale
Knights Inn Morrow
#9 of 12 in Morrow
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta I-75 South
Hampton Inn Atlanta Southlake

Been to Home 1 Extended Stay Hotel? Share your experiences!